Tuesday 18 May 2021

CAS Christmas Card Challenge .......

Hello there, happy Tuesday .........

Guess what!  I've got my festive hat on again for this month's CAS Christmas Challenge ..... Falalalala lalalala! (are you singing along now?)


It's all about Foliage and Berries this month, and so tempted as I was to go all traditional in festive greens and reds, I decided to have a change ...... what do you think?


I do love simple black stamping onto Kraft card, and this pretty stamp from Simon Says has so much detail in there


It's from a stamp set called Joyful Season, and I think it was in the SSS December Kit of the Month last year.

I covered  a strip across the centre of my card with a piece of low tack masking tape, and stamped the image top and bottom using a black ink.  
I removed the tape, and stamped my sentiment in centre, and then added strips of narrow double sided tape along the edges of the foliage and covered these with gold gilding flakes .......


It's a quick and easy way of adding that foiled look ....... no need for laminators or special gels or glue, and it also gave a nice finished look to the edge of the stamping.

I did add a touch of colour to the berries with some Distress Ink ......
 

and finished off with a few splatters of white paint.
Not the traditional Christmas colours but, I like it!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

I've spent most of this weekend getting to know my birthday present ....... from last year!!!  


Yes hubby finally got around to buying me a new phone ...... about time!
To be fair it's not his fault that I've waited so long.  Since my birthday 2020 we've been in and out of lockdown, the shops haven't really been open that much, and I didn't want to order one online (I couldn't decide which one I wanted to be honest!)   And lets face it, I've spent more time using my laptop recently than I have my phone!
I'm still getting used to the new one ....... it's bigger for a start, and I have to remember that it has a new ringtone ...... there's been quite a bit of 'Mum, your phones ringing again' this weekend.  Me and new technology don't always get off to a great start!  I haven't played with the camera on it yet which could be fun,  apparently it has 3!!!   And, I also have to remember NOT to put this one in my back pocket, and then go to the loo!!!! 

Cheerio until next time .......


Products used:
Stamps: Joyful Season (Simon Says Stamp)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Distress Ink - Festive Berries
Other: Narrow double sided tape (from my stash); Gold Gilding Flakes - (IndigoBlu); Fresco Finish Acrylic Paint - Snowflake (PaperArtsy)

7 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

wow love your card Linda, great masking for the sentiment and Kraft black and red - what a stunner.

Bonnie said...

Love the design and splatters on the kraft base, Linda! The gold gilding adds wonderful contrast! Good luck with your new phone.

Susan said...

Love the black stamping on the kraft! The bit of gold and the red berries add just the right highlights. All in all, a fabulous card.

Loll said...

LOVE the vintage look of your card Linda. The design looks beautiful stamped in black with just the berries adding a bit of colour. The gilding flakes add some lovely shine. Hope you and your new phone end up in a great relationship! :) xx

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Linda, adding the colour to the berries brings the image to life. New phones always a test, but I'm sure you'll gey used to it.
Have a great weekend. Avril xx

HilaryJane said...

Great card, that black stamping on kraft is really effective and I love the added gold strips, red berries and splatters. How great to have a new gadget to play with too. The trouble is finding the time to get to know all it can do! xx

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous stamp you used here Linda - LOVE how you split it and that you used black on kraft - a beautiful card! xx