Saturday 15 May 2021

We're half way through this month's CAS Mix Up challenge ......

Happy weekend ......

We've reached the halfway point in this month's CAS Mix Up Challenge ..... May is flying by!


Susan is our host for this challenge, and she would like us to use Rainbow Ink Blending or Colours ...... a perfect technique as it's also a stencil month!
We have an amazing Guest Designer too ....... Michelle (I Card Everyone) is joining in the CAS Mix Up fun this month, so please pop by and say Hello!

Don't you just love rainbow colours ....... and they do look great as backgrounds.   
Add a simple sentiment, a stamped image, or a die cut and your card is done!  Or, you could go for all three like I've done here ..... the choice is yours!


The stencil I've used is from Lavinia stamps, and the inks are a rainbow of Distress colours ......


I applied the inks through the stencil, and then with the stencil still in place, I splattered water over the top, letting it sit for a few seconds before mopping up the excess ..... love, love, love this effect! 

I added a simple die cut to make up part of my sentiment, layered a couple of times to add a bit of dimension, and then I stamped the rest underneath ........


To finish off, and add a bit more detail, I added a pretty stamped flower that just so happened to be on my desk ...... I decided to keep it black and white so that it stood out against the pretty background colours.


There's still plenty of time to play along with this month's challenge if you'd like to join in the fun.  It would be lovely to see you in the gallery.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Cheerio until next time .......


Products used:
Stamps: JOFY 101 (PaperArsty); birthday sentiment stamp from my stash
Stencils: Flora stencil (Lavinia)
Inks: Distress Inks - Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry,  Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Other: Happy die (Winnie & Walter)

11 comments:

HilaryJane said...

That stencil has made the perfect background, the addition of the die cut happy and black flower finish it off perfectly xx

Viv said...

Lovely background Linda - and the mono flower pops off the front! Lovely card!

conil said...

You've shown us how to incorporate a lovely rainbow into a classic, elegant card. The addition of the non-colored flower is the ideal accent.

Bonnie said...

Such a beautiful stenciled background, Linda! Your splatters are always so pretty and I love the black and white flower over the stacked sentiment!

nancy littrell said...

LOVE your Floral Stencil from Lavinia colored with your rainbow colors, Linda. So beautiful, elegant and CAS perfect with the die cut white Happy and stamped birthday. Adding the black and white stamped flower was the perfect addition. Love it uncolored:-) TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

I Card Everyone said...

LOve the black and white over top of your gorgeous rainbow stenciled beauty, Linda! What a fun stencil that is!
=]

Mrs.B said...

I do love rainbow colours and they work so well with this stencil a great card and the b/white flower really does pop.
Trying to fly round as many blogs as I can, crafting time is so short these days.
Avril xx

Loll said...

Beautiful card Linda!! I LOVE how the rainbow colours look over the Lavinia stencil. I just bought this same stencil, but haven't had time to use it yet. You've inspired me!! Love the black and white two-part sentiment and flower. Perfect embellishments! xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Linda
Stunning card ....love the stencil ....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Mac Mable said...

Your blending looks so pretty Linda and what a beautiful and happy card x.

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome card Linda, I love every detail, just perfect for the challenge!