Saturday 19 June 2021

CAS Christmas Challenge ........

Happy Saturday .......

Thank goodness it's the weekend.
I'm going a little festive again today with another card for this month's  CAS Christmas Challenge ...... 


This little guy has been sat patiently all week waiting to be blogged.


I love this JOFY snowman ........ he's simply stamped and heat embossed in white, onto a piece of Kraft cardstock (I do like white on Kraft!)


I used Prismacolor pencils to colour him in, with a few touches of ZIG marker here and there (his carrot nose, arms, the band on his hat, and the tiny holly leaves)

I added a touch of sparkle to the baubles with a sprinkling of fine crystal glitter ...... everyone needs sparkly baubles at Christmas!


The sentiment sits nicely underneath .......


And to finish, I added a few dots of falling snow using a white gel pen, and I also doodled a stitched border around the edge 

 
I must admit I'm not really thinking about Christmas at the moment, not with the week I'm having!  

Now, you know me, I don't mind change ....... but really! ........ this week (sigh!) ........ it's been doing my head in!!!
  
Monday ....... I was getting in the holiday mood,  making plans for our first big adventure in the van. 
 
Tuesday (morning) ......... I get an email from our landlord to say he's putting the house on the market!  Funnily enough we've been looking at property recently and thinking about moving (again!) ..... itchy feet and all that but, suddenly it's become more of a reality. 
 OK, that's not a problem, we've done it before .... time for another clear out!

Tuesday (pm) ........ we had seen a house that we quite liked the look of, so hubby rang and made arrangements to view.
In the meantime I'm making many lists, and starting to prep the van.

Wednesday ....... government press conference is tomorrow with regards to border changes etc.  
The plan was our borders were hopefully being opened fully on June 28th, for both residents and non-residents, with all restrictions being lifted.  
However, because of the new Delta variant being in the UK, and infection numbers on the rise again, we knew that there was a good chance that this would not be happening.  
It was announced that government were proposing that our borders would remain as they are at the moment except that people who had had both of their vaccinations (both IOM residents and non- residents) would be allowed to travel freely to and from the island, assuming they had had their vaccines at least two weeks before arriving here ...... they're calling it the 2+2 stage!
OK that's fine ..... hubby and I are having our second vaccine on Monday next week,  only a week before we are due to travel I know,  but we checked and that's fine, it just means that we would still have to isolate when we came back, and get a test on day 2.  Not a problem. we could do that.
So at this point we're still going on our trip (yeah!), viewing a possible new house and, something else we've been looking forward to ......... we had a table booked in the evening at the new Japanese restaurant in Castletown


I say new, it's been open a while now you just can't get a table is so busy!  And after eating there I can understand why ....... the food is amazing!


We had a lovely meal ........ the little man tried everything ....... even the sashimi!


He was braver than me ...... I like my food cooked!  Sushi I can eat, but not sashimi.  I did try the eel though ....... still deciding about that one


We will definitely be back ..... when we can get a table!

So, we get to Thursday and we go to view this property we've found ........... it's perfect! 
Now the current property market on the island is moving very quickly so we decided to put the wheels in motion with a view to moving sooner rather that later.  But hey!  aren't we're going off island for two weeks soon?  When would I pack up the current house!!!!???  And then, there's the possibility of having to isolate when we come back, I could pack up everything then I suppose.  But of course there's a worse case scenario ....... what if we test positive!!!!  OMG!!! More isolation.  
Now we have many decisions to make .......... I don't know if I'm coming or going. 
Friday was just a blur ..... I can't think straight anymore! 
I do think the sensible thing to do is put off the van trip, and concentrate on the move, assuming everything goes according to plan of course!

There's going to be a few of these over this weekend ...... well it is Fathers' Day on Sunday



Thanks for popping by ..... sorry about the long post!  Enjoy your weekend

Cheerio until next time ......


Products used:
Stamps: JOFY 58 (PaperArtsy)
Inks: Versamark ink; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Other: White fine detail Embossing Powder (WOW!); Prismacolor pencils; ZIG Clean Color Brush Markers; Fine Crystal Glitter; Quickie Glue Pen; White Gel Pen 

7 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Oh my....decisions, decisions, decisions...it will all work out in the end:-) Loved your stuffed with Christmas spirit snowman! TFS and Good Luck...Love and Hugs...Nancy

Bonnie said...

First of all, I LOVE this snowman! He looks so fat and happy and the sentiment is so perfect! Kraft and white is a favorite of mine for Christmas cards! Oh, my, what a week you've had! Hopefully things will all smooth out in the new week.

Loll said...

WOW! No wonder your head is done in ... that's a LOT going on. And only a short time for everything to happen. Best of luck with the move. Hope you get the house you want and have time for packing. Bonus if you can still get away in the van for a short holiday. I don't have much energy, but I'm still sending some extra to you, my friend.

As for your card. ADORABLE! Seriously, this snowman is so cute and has the most PERFECT sentiment. :) xx

Christine Alexander said...

Phew, you used up all my energy in the first couple of sentences :) good luck with the move and hope you get the vacation at the end.
Love this cute JOFY snowman and the sentiment is perfect ♥

Papercraft Boutique said...

You have a lot of things going on, Linda! Good luck with your house hunting! The Japanese dishes look delicious! I love sashimi, but I haven't had really good one for a long time. I do need to go back to Tokyo as soon as all the regulations in Japan are lifted.
Your snowman is so adorable! He has lots of Christmas spirit in his big belly. :-) I love the white on Kraft too. Nice light blue shadowing and pretty doodled frame! Thank you again for sharing the cute card with us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx

Darnell said...

Your fat snowman is just fabulous, Linda! I'm using that excuse from now on! What a lot you have going on right now! I seem to remember the last move was going to be just that, your last move, but obs I got that wrong. Best of luck with travels and moving ... it will all work out for the best! Hugs, Darnell

HilaryJane said...

Love your snowman and all the little details you have added. He looks great on kraft card. Life is definitely throwing it at you at the moment but I am sure it will work itself out and you will make the necessary decisions xx