Sunday 4 July 2021

A quick catch up .......

Hello there, happy Sunday!

I hope you're having a lovely weekend.
It's been a busy couple of weeks here ...... sorry I haven't been around on the blog much! 
I haven't been spending much time in my craft room, well I have but, it's not been very creative.  Although, I suppose you could say it has, in a way ..... I've been clearing out and tidying up.  Re-arranging and packing stuff away because, you guessed it ..... the move is on!!   We get the keys in less than two weeks ....... eeek!  
We're not actually moving in fully until the 27th/28th of this month so it's not too bad.  We have a bit of time to get organised and move some of the smaller stuff before the removal guys come in.  
I'm getting good at this ..... we've done it all before, once or twice!

We're here on the island, so that means we cancelled our trip in the van (sigh!).  It was the sensible thing to do, there were too many 'what ifs' that could have happened when we returned that could have potentially been a problem for the move.
We'll have loads of time to go travelling in the van.  We're all fully vaccinated now, so that means we have no restrictions on our borders, we just need to get the move done.

As you can imagine things are a little crazy around here ....... there's boxes appearing everywhere which is driving me insane!  I am clearing through my craft room though, which is good, and I came across these ..... something crafty to blog after all! 


They're my cards, done a while ago, under the expert tuition from the fabulous Eileen Godwin on one of her online workshops.

It was all about creating layers using stencils and stamps along with paints and inks ....... right up my street!
I know I've said this before but, if you haven't done a workshop with Eileen you should try one.  They are so much fun, and you learn loads!

We used paints and inks, and different sorts of cardstock ......


Building up layers and textures using stencils and stamps .......


I do like black and white.  
And my favourite piece from the class ........


I love the background on this one!

I think workshops will have to wait for a while now, whilst I get everything packed away.  
I have kept a few bits and pieces in a bag though, just in case I get five minutes to play!
And I have just done a taster week for an online journaling course starting on August 1st, which was fun.  I'll share more about that with you later ........ I need to finish some of the projects first!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your weekend.
It's a long one here on the Isle of Man,  we have a Bank Holiday tomorrow.  
It's Tynwald Day, the island's national day. Always celebrated on July 5th, unless that falls on a weekend, then it's the following Monday.  Fingers crossed the weather's good as there will be lots going on. 

Cheerio until next time .......

4 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful works of art, Linda. The third one is my favourite too. Love the way the ink flows in the background over the layered stenciling. And those dragonflies are so gorgeous. They look like stained glass. Your daisies, both in colour and in black and white are also amazing. Looks like you had a lot of fun at the class.

I would love to take one of Eileen's on-line classes ... just have to find the time. Also learn from her videos.

Good luck with the move ... again! :) Enjoy your new digs. xx

Bonnie said...

How awesome (and fearsome) that you will be moving house, Linda! Congratulations! I hope the move goes as smoothly as is possible! Your cards are gorgeous! I do need to get in on Eileens classes. All three techniques are fabulous!

Carol Cel said...

great, creative cards. Good luck with your move.

nancy littrell said...

Three Gorgeous cards from your online class. Love them all..your backgrounds, layering with stamps and stencils, inks and paints are amazing. TFS...even though you are moving, but we know you are an expert at that too. Take care and take time to breathe, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy