Sunday 15 August 2021

CAS Mix Up Challenge Reminder

Happy Sunday ......

I hope you're enjoying your weekend.
As we're half way through August already (WOW!) it's time to remind you about this month's CAS Mix Up Challenge.
Jenny is our host this month, with a fun theme which is all about stencils, and stamping through them. 


This is a great little technique to add extra detail and texture to all your fabulous stencil designs.  
The more open the stencil, the more of your stamping will show through. It gives your stencils a whole new look.


I've stamped through one of my favourite leafy stencils for this design.

I started by using a circle stencil, and a pale green Distress Ink, to add some detail to the background.


I then took my leafy stencil and inked the design over the top of the circle using a different shade of green Distress.


With the leaf stencil still in place, I inked up an old script stamp with black ink and then stamped the script through the leaves, using first and second generation stamps (stamped twice without re-inking my stamp in between)


I stamped my sentiment using a gold ink .....


and finished off with a few ink splatters from the same ink pad


The challenge is open until the 24th of the month, so there's still plenty of time to play along.
Check out the CAS Mix Up Blog for more ideas from the DT using this fun technique, and also our two Guest Designers ....... Bobby (bits and pieces), and Michele (I Card Everyone) who are joining us this month.

It's going to be a busy week coming up.  This time next week we'll be on our first, off island, adventure in the van!  Yes we're finally taking Remi on a road trip ..... whoo hoo!!
  
I'm a little bit nervous about travelling but, hubby and I are both full vaccinated, we're totally self contained in the motorhome and, I suppose we have to get out there again at some point!   
It will be nice to see family and friends over there ...... it's been a while!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your weekend.
We've got the family coming round for Sunday roast ..... the first one in the new house.  Yes, I've finally figured out how to use the ovens! 

Cheerio until next time .........   



Products used:
Stencils: Confetti Circle stencil (WOW!); Natures Treasures II stencil (Uniko) 
Stamps: Script stamp from my stash (I think it's an old Tim Holtz one!); Special Sentiments (Penny Black)
Inks: Distress Inks - Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Delicata - Golden Glitz

14 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I am very impressed by how you managed to stamp your script right up to the edges of the stencil. It looks amazing. I love those gold splatters too xx

Bonnie said...

I love how your leaves are off the edge! Lovely shades of green and the script is perfect for stamping through the stencil. Have a wonderful holiday but do be careful!

My Paper Epiphany said...

A beautiful CAS design! I love the poignant sentiment too:)

conil said...

The soft circle is such a great way to show off those textural leaves. Your card is fresh and clean and is everything this challenge is about. The gold sentiment adds just the right amoung of glamour to the composition.

Chrissie said...

A fabulous card Linda, the stamping certainly adds something to a stencilled design!
Enjoy your trip, you must be very excited!
Take care,
Chrissie xx

Viv said...

Quick comment whilst I have internet Linda!
Love this! Nothing more to be said! LOL xx

Leslie Miller said...

Linda, as your cards always do, this piece shows the beauty and elegance of simplicity. You're a master! Enjoy your trip. It's been too long since we had our motorhome out for a good road trip.

Bobby said...

I love the yellow circle behind the leaves, Linda. It makes them pop and with the script they stand out even more.

Loll said...

I love the delicate script through the pretty leaf stencil, Linda! Have a wonderful Sunday dinner with family and enjoy your first trip off the island since Covid. Have a great time seeing friends and family! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous card, the script adds so much to the stenciled leaf ♥

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful CAS design using the stamping thru a stencil technique. Perfect for a very busy stamper...could that be you, my friend? Enjoy your camping trip. You will be fine since you are self contained. We have made several trips, since Covid and it always worked out well:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

Mac Mable said...

The technique looks fabulous and what a beautiful card Linda x. Enjoy the trip away x.

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely design Linda, hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Robyn Oliver said...

A lovely CAS card Linda with this months cool technique.... and congrats on the new home (I'm a long way behind commenting) and enjoy your trip, Robyn