Friday 13 August 2021

CAS Christmas Challenge ........

Good morning ....... Happy Friday!

How have you all been?  
We're settling into the new place nicely.  there's still a few jobs that need doing ...... hot tub needs connecting and we're STILL waiting for the internet!!!    I mean, how difficult can this be!!! I'm not really sure what the problem is.  Apparently, there's internet already at the property, we've had the necessary tech equipment delivered, all they need to do is flip a switch at their end, which I'm told could take 7 to 10 days, or longer!!!!  It's driving me crazy ........ you don't realise how much you use the internet these days.

Anyway, enough of all that.  We're out in the van for a couple of nights, having a change of scenery ....


We're down in Port Erin again, and guess what ...... the internet here is great so I thought I'd make the most of it!

I wanted to play along with this month's CAS Christmas Challenge ...... yes, the craft room is almost sorted and I managed to spend a little bit of time in there this week.


The theme is Decorations ...... and you all know how I love my Christmas baubles, so I had to play along.


I used the Baubles stamp set from Pink Ink Designs, and simply stamped the images onto my card using a black ink.


I then used a mix of watercolour paints and metallic ink to add just a touch of colour to the baubles


A few gold ink splatters and some dots of glitter here and there give a nice festive sparkle


I added a sentiment ......


And finished with a gel pen to 'hang' the baubles


I think I read somewhere that it's only 19 weeks until Christmas ..... eeek! how did that happen!?
I need to start thinking about where the tree will go in the new house!

No more festive thoughts today though ....... it's a lovely here, and the locals are not too bad


We're off for a stroll in the sunshine now, and an early lunch I think.

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day, and have a lovely weekend.

Cheerio until next time .......
 

Products used:
Stamps:  Baubles (Christmas Series) - Pink Ink Designs; Sentiment from my stash
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Others: Watercolour paints (Altenew); Quickie Glue Pen; Fine crystal glitter; Clear Stardust Gel Pen

10 comments:

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... these are such lovely, whimsical ornaments. Great colouring with watercolours and touches of metalli. Awesome card Linda! xx

Christine Alexander said...

I might have to make another Pink Ink purchase :) I love these Christmas Baubles. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Bonnie said...

Love these ornaments, Linda, and how you've left lots of white space on them adding bits of color and metallic accents! Hope they get your Internet going soon.

HilaryJane said...

So glad things are starting to settle down for you. I love your bauble card, those stamps are pretty special xx

Cathy said...

Glad you found some crafting time to make this gorgeous card Linda, pretty ornament stamp, thankyou for playing along at CAS Christmas, Cathy x

Darnell said...

What cool ornaments! I love the way you've colored them, Linda! Glad you are settled in and I hope they flip the flippin' switch soon! Hugs, Darnell

Trina P. said...

What fun whimsical ornaments. So cool how you’ve coloured them with a mix of watercolor and metallic paints. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Julia Aston said...

What lovely detailed ornaments Linda - and so pretty with your minimal coloring! Glad you are settling in to your new place and it looks like you are spending time in beautiful ares - but your whole island is probably beautiful?! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas

Mac Mable said...

Contemporary and wonderful card and what a wonderful stamped image Linda x.

Epie said...

Gorgeous ornaments on you Lovely Cas card Linda
Nice weekend Epie