Sunday 1 August 2021

I'm back ........ for the CAS Mix Up Challenge!

Happy Sunday ......

Welcome to August!  I hope you're all enjoying the weekend. 

After taking July off from the CAS Mix Up Challenge ......... we should have been away in the motorhome but, we ended up moving house instead! ........  it's so nice to be back for this month's Stencil Challenge.

Jenny is our host for August, and she's chosen a fun technique for you.  Maybe it's something you’re already familiar with or, it could be that you haven’t tried this before ...... Stamping through stencils.  A great way of extending the use of your stencil stash, and your stamps too!

I’ve kept things relatively simple for my inspiration piece, using circle stencils to create the look of apertures, and then used my stamps over the top .........

With the stencil securely in place, I applied Distress inks through the circles using a blending brush.

Then, without removing the stencil, I stamped the little characters in place .......... so cute!


I then used coloured pencils (Faber Castel Polychromos) to colour them in.

I added a bit more interest by inking a few more circles here and there to create a bokeh effect, and then finished off with a stamped sentiment and a few sparkly gemstones.



This is such a fun technique to try. Experiment with your stencils, the more open the stencil design is, the more stamping you will see. It’s a great way to add design and texture, and give your stenciling a different look. I can’t wait to see your cards in the gallery.

You’ll find lots more fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team over on the CAS Mix Up Blog, and this month we have not one, but two amazing Guest Designers.  Bobby (Bits & Pieces) is joining in the fun, along with Michele (I Card Everyone), so be sure to pop by and say Hello.

It’s been a crazy couple of weeks around here, as I said we should have been going away in the motorhome on our first adventure off the island, but plans changed and we ended up moving house instead.

We’ve spent the last two weeks packing and moving boxes (we have so much stuff!!!!!) but we’ve finally moved in to the new place!  It still looks a bit like a bomb site, I can’t find anything, and it’s ‘fun’ trying to find out how all the new kitchen appliances work but, we’re getting there slowly.  I've only changed my kitchen cupboard contents around twice since we moved in, and my desks in the craft room have be changed around a few times but, I think I'm happy now!

There is just one major problem ..... we have no internet yet (argghhhh)!!! There’s a problem, apparently, with the supply to the house and they need to do maintenance on the ‘pole’ outside. We found this out on the day they came to install it ........ last Thursday!!  The little man is not happy.
We’re having to hot spot our mobile phones and use the limited signal as and when we can, which is not good!  This blog post has been a challenge I can tell you!
They are on it ...... apparently.  Things will get interesting tomorrow (Monday) when hubby is back at work ...... he might just have to go into the office for the first time in months!!!
Because of all this things may still be a little quiet for the next few days here on the blog but I promise normal service will resume eventually!
Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day. 
We're off out for Sunday dinner with the family, the rest of the unpacking can wait!  

Cheerio until next time ........


Products used:
Stencils: Bokeh Stencil Set (multi layer design) (Newton's Nook)
Stamps: Jungle Friends (Creative Expressions); Critter Crowd (Simon Says); Happy Birthday from my stash 
Inks: Distress Ink - Broken China, Mowed Lawn; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Other: Faber Castel Polychromos Pencils; Small gem stones

14 comments:

conil said...

I can't believe how you managed to get through this technique with all the chaos your having personally. And such a darling, whimsical card, to boot. Those critters peeking out from the windows you created are just to adorable. Wonderful, fun card.
Hope things get fixed soon and you can settle into some semblance of a routine.

HilaryJane said...

I am so glad to hear that you have moved successfully and there are bound to be teething troubles at first, but I hope your internet gets sorted out soon, so frustrating. I do love this card, so simple and such fun. You always make such clever cards xx

Chrissie said...

I don't envy you moving house, I think it's my least favourite occupation... bit I hope you'll be really happy there. Don't like to think about being without internet, but thank goodness for hotspots. How you managed to make this really cute card amid all the turmoil is amazing! It's really innovative!
Chrissie x

Bonnie said...

Your card makes me grin from ear to ear, Linda! It's so cheerful and fun! I hope you get the Internet sorted out soon and get settled in too.

Christine Alexander said...

So cute, what a great idea stamping your little animals in the stenciled circles :)
I'm glad the move is now out of the way and you can settle into you new home ♥

Loll said...

LOVE your design Linda! Those critters are so adorable, and even more so in the blended circles. What a fun birthday card for any age! Love the added circles to create a bokeh look. Great work, my friend! xx

StephW said...

Oh I adore your fun card with little snippets of animals peeping through the bubbles! Good luck getting your new home in order & problems solved x

Leslie Miller said...

Everything on this challenge blog is new to me, but it's a lot of fun! I adore your card! It's CAS perfection and so, so cute! I've been going through something similar here with home renovations. My stamp room is still a disaster and will remain so at least until the middle of this month. I'm so ready to be done!

Susan Joyce said...

I am lovin' the stamped images in your stenciled circles Linda, totally adorable card! Hope life returns to normality soon.

Mac Mable said...

What a cute card with a fun technique Linda x. Hope the move went well and good luck with teh hotspots and the internet ....Thinking of you x.

Mrs.B said...

Such a fun card Linda, and those cute stamps really do work well with this technique.
Hope you get the internet sorted soon.
Avril xx

nancy littrell said...

Love your stencil circles with your sponging and adding of your cute little critters. Great idea to add smaller circles for a Bokeh effect. This has been such a fun challenge...my 1st time to stamp thru stencils...I will definitely be using this technique again. Good luck with your rearranging and getting settled into your new home. Agree, NO Internet can be a Real Problem...hope you are back on soon. Love and Hugs...Nancy

My Paper Epiphany said...

Your card is so adorable and a wonderful design! I'm very inspired to CASE your card:) I hope you've settled in to your new home and have internet connected!

Bobby said...

I adore your card, Linda. So much so I saved it for inspiration. Those critters are darling and the arrangement of colored circles is perfect. I hope everything gets sorted out so you can spend more time crafting and blogging.