Friday 4 February 2022

Wishing Uniko a Happy 10th Birthday ........

Happy Friday ........

I hope you've had a great week.  Any plans for the weekend?  It's looking like a quiet one here, thank goodness!

I am celebrating another birthday though ...... 


Uniko is 10 years old this month ....... WOW!!!  

Happy Birthday Bev and the team!

In true Uniko style, celebrations are going on for the whole month of February, so check out the Uniko Blog for all the details, and maybe even join in the birthday fun.

If you've been following my blog for a while you'll know that I had an amazing two years on the Uniko Design Team, as one of their Brand Ambassadors.  It was so much fun, working with the Uniko range of  stamps, and stencils.
You can imagine how thrilled I was when Bev asked me if I would like to join in the 10th Birthday Celebrations, along with other past DT members, for a fun feature on the blog during their birthday month.  
Of course I said yes! so today it's me on the Uniko Studio Blog for the CASE Yourself feature.

The task was ....... to choose a favourite make from my time on the DT (hmmmm .....not an easy decision), and then CASE it using a newer Uniko product.

It took a while but,  in the end I chose this one ......


A pretty all over design, made for Uniko's Birthday back in 2020 ...... it was the colours in this one that caught my eye.

I do love an all over design, quick and easy when it's just a single stamp but,  it's a look that is so easy to do with individual stamps.  Florals work extremely well .......the ones I used for the card above are from the stamp set Kindness Blooms

However ....... I did go for the easy way for my CASE'd card .......


I decided on the same colour combo, florals again, and of course that pretty all over look.

The border around the edge gives it a real clean, and up to date look I think.  I did this by using low tack masking tape around the edges of my card, BEFORE I did any inking or stamping.

With the tape in place, I used a blending brush to apply a little Distress Ink around the edges of the tape, just to define the frame a little


The floral design is the pretty Background Blocks stamp - Layered Modern Floral  A lovely background stamp that I've actually stamped twice, to fill the card ....... masking tape still in place by the way!  
I used Distress Oxide ink for the flowers, and my MISTI, so that I could build up the depth of colour.

The leaves are also from the same stamp set and are cleverly laid out so that when you position the stamp correctly, all the leaves are in the perfect places ....... clever or what!


I finished off with a sentiment, stamped on a simple die cut circle, just to make it stand out a little. I also added a few gems here and there for a touch of birthday sparkle!


Once everything was finished, I carefully removed the masking tape from around the edges and Voila! .... one framed piece.
I really love how this turned out, and just think of all the different colour combinations that could be done, the possibilities are endless.

Thanks again to Bev and the team ..... it's an honour to be part of your 10th Birthday celebrations.
Congratualtions on such a fabulous milestone ....... here's to the next 10 years.

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day and have a great weekend.
Why not join in the birthday celebrations too!

Cheerio until next time ......



Supplies
Stamps: Layered Modern Floral,
Inks: Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade; Distress Oxide Ink - Salvaged Patina, Squeezed Lemonade (for the sentiment) Versafine Clair - Nocturne; 
Other: Self adhesive gemstones; Small stiched circle die; Low Tack Masking Tape

4 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous inspiration and a great CASe on your card Linda x. Both cards are stunners to me x.

HilaryJane said...

Wonderful CASE of your card Linda. I really like how you have lightly inked the edges, gorgeous colours too. How lovely to revisit your time with Uniko xx

Jane said...

Stunning CASE, so contemporary and trendy! Thanks so much for joining in with Uniko's 10th birthday fun.

Wiebke KomMa-Designed said...

Linda, it's a joy to see you in our Alumni Birthday Event! Thanks for your participation!
Beautiful CASE on your card! And a great reminder of the "old" one. Loveboth!
Greetings from Wiebke