Tuesday 5 April 2022

A little bit of playtime in my journal ........

Happy Tuesday ......

Well March is done and dusted .......... Hello April!  
We've got Easter to look forward to this month, a nice long weekend.  And, we're off on another adventure in the motorhome in a couple of weeks so I need to get things ready for that.  Fingers crossed the weather gets better before then ...... it's been quite the mixed bag here the last few days.  
One minute we're sat in the garden enjoying a lovely BBQ in nice warm sunshine then, a few days later ........ it's brrrrrr! back to freezing temperatures and SNOW would you believe!
I knew I shouldn't have changed my wardrobe over quite so soon ..... I needed my woolies again at the weekend.    Oh well, summer is hopefully on the way, it just may take a while to get here.  Now where did I put my boots!

It seems like it's taking me a while to get back to normal in the craft room too.  
I had to take a break last week from all the DT stuff ......... you know how it is, when nothing seems to go right.   The harder you try, the faster the rubbish bin fills up ........ it was not a happy place to be at all.  So, I decided to try playing in my journal, catch up with a workshop or two, and see if I could finish off a few half done pages to see if that helped.

A fabulous Tracy Scott online workshop seemed to do the trick .......... 5 very relaxing days, using nothing but a stencil, and coloured pencils ........ what do you think?


Meet Joseph ........ the Cat of Many Colours, and he was so much fun to create.

All hand drawn in one of my Dylusions journals using one of Tracy's shapes stencils, and then coloured with Prismacolor pencils


A few highlights with a white gel pen adds the finishing touch ......


I love him!

I've had my Prismacolor pencils for years and never really used them that much.  I found them quite hard to work with, and sharpening them was a nightmare ..... they're quite soft so you have to be careful.  But, after doing a couple of workshops with Tracy, and purchasing a new pencil sharpener, I am getting better with them, although I have a long way to go! 

I love how they blend, you have to have a bit of patience as it does take time but, the more you do it the quicker you get.  And the colours are so bright and vibrant, even on coloured cardstock.  Joseph above was done on Kraft card and he took 4 of the 5 online workshop sessions to complete so, on the 5th day we got to do a bonus project, which I drew onto grey card this time ........ still using the same stencil to create the shapes


I've still not got around to colouring it in yet ..... maybe I'll take it with me when we go away in the van!

If you haven't tried any of Tracy's online workshops give one a go, they are so much fun and so easy to follow.  Check out her Facebook page ........ Tracy Scott Creative Cafe for all the details.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time .......
 

3 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Joseph is beautiful, I am very impressed. Your colouring is impressive xx

nancy littrell said...

Stenciled Joseph the cat turned out beautifully, Linda. Loved your pencil coloring and your added highlights. I find pencil or watercoloring so relaxing, once I get started...as it does take extra time, but the results are worth it:-) Hope your warm sun stays back with you for at least a while. Typical Spring weather here too. We had several rainy days, which we needed and now expecting sunny days, which we sure enjoy. TFS your beautiful journal page, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Bonnie said...

Our weather is back and forth too! Very strange and hard to know whether we need summer or winter garb! Love your awesome coloring with the Prismacolor pencils! Such bright colors and your coloring is smooth and lovely!