Friday 8 April 2022

A quick and easy birthday card .........

Happy Friday ....... I think it's still Friday, but not for much longer

Can you believe it's the weekend already. 
The schools have finished today for the Easter break, so the little man will be around for the next couple of weeks.  He's only got one more term to do at junior school and then it's secondary school in September ...... now where has that time gone!!!!

It's still slow going in the craft room but, as I'm sat here chatting to you I've just noticed that my lap top is covered in paint/ink splatters ...... ooops!  So I have actually done something in there this week ..... not a lot though!  

I have got a birthday card to share with you though, one of those 'suitable for a guy' creations that we all love to make ........


Hubby and I got invited to a birthday BBQ last weekend so it had to be something quick.  
I must confess I did go on to Pinterest for a little bit of 'masculine' inspiration, and Tim Holtz seemed to be a popular choice so, out came my Stampers Anonymous box and the Wine Blueprint set ..... perfect for the job. 

Totally inspired by the cards on Pinterest ....... what did we do before Pinterest!!! I CASE'd this design that really caught my eye (I'm so sorry but, I didn't make a note of the original designer, and now I can't find it again! ....... Thank you!)

I smooshed Antique Linen Distress ink onto a piece of white cardstock, followed by a bit of layered stenciling with the same colour of ink, applied with a stencil brush.  


I added a bit of stamping on there using Aged Mahogany Distress ink and finished the background with a little touch of the same ink brushed around the edges, and a few ink splatters here and there.
(I'd forgotten how much fun creating layered distress backgrounds was)


I stamped the wine glass directly onto the background and added my sentiment above ....... I do love this stamp!

I then stamped the wine glass again, this time onto a piece of white card.  I added a touch of colour using my Karin Brush Markers,  then I fussy cut the glass and attached it over the stamped image.  
Because I'd stamped the image onto the background first, all of the finer details around the glass were already there ..... perfect!


The BBQ was fun and I think John liked his card ..... I hope so anyway!  

Thanks for popping by ...... I know it's late and its way passed by bedtime so I'll say goodnight to you. 
Have a lovely weekend.  

Cheerio until next time ........



Supplies
Stamps: Wine Blueprint (Tim Holtz); Uncorked (MFT) - for the sentiment; the wine rings are from a stamp set from Stamps by Me 
Inks: Distress Inks - Antique Linen, Aged Mahogany; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Other: Stencils - Numbers, Distressed Harlequin (Tim Holtz); Karin Brush Markers

2 comments:

Loll said...

So create and fun ... perfect for a guy's birthday card, Linda. I agree ... making layered backgrounds is fun. Why don't we do that more often??!! xx

Bonnie said...

What's not to like? I think this is perfect for any guy or a gal that enjoys her wine! Great background for this great red!