Friday 15 April 2022

Finished ........ I think!

Happy Friday .......

Happy Good Friday actually ......... I hope your Easter weekend has got off to a great start.

It's been a bit of a lazy day here ...... a late start, then a spot of lunch in town.  Good food and a cheeky glass of wine or two to get the weekend started.  
I'm hoping the weather gets a little better as the weekend goes on ...... we're having a family BBQ on Sunday.  I want to try out the new garden furniture, fingers crossed we'll need the brolly to keep the sun off, and not the rain!!! (Probably shouldn't have said that ...... oh well!)

I've been busy in the craft room this last week ...... Sweet Poppy are back on TV next week so I've been having a play with some of the new stencils for the show ........ if you love Lavinia stamps then there's something for you in the new releases.  Watch this space ...... I'll show you what I've been up to next week.

In the meantime, I've also been playing in my journal again.  I'm trying to get my desk tidy, and finish off things that have been lying around for ages.  We're also off on another adventure in the motorhome next weekend, so I'm trying to get my crafty calendar organised before we leave ...... as if that's going to happen!!!

One thing I've kept going back to time and time again, and never been able to get very far with, are two pages in one of my journals.  
Well .......... I've finished them (yeah!) ..... I think!


They started out as mop up pages, oooh, absolutely months, and months, and months ago!  
I've no idea whats on there, as far as product information goes, lets just say there's a little bit of everything gone on at some point!   
They were somewhere I used to clean brushes off,  put left over ink or paint, or even try out new colours of paint. 

I do remember having an idea of putting ink or paint in the centre of the pages, and then closing the book to see how it spread ....... I did like that!  I've no idea what colours, or inks I used ..... it's definitely pink though!
I can see I added some left over pieces of washi tape, old book pages and a little bit of embossing powder here and there .........


There's some texture paste on there, used with my favourite brickwall stencil.  A bit more ink and paint over the top, maybe even some gilding wax, and thats how the pages sat for such a long time.

But ....... a quick scroll through Pinterest whilst having a morning coffee, and I was all inspired again.  
I found some die cut hearts in my bits box and set about trying to match the colours


With the help of some scraps of old book pages again, music paper and washi tape, heat embossing and a whole load of distress colours, I think I got there in the end


I added a little bit of stamping onto the background using an old script stamp, and finsihed off with some paint splatters and a couple of chipboard sayings from Tim Holtz


I'm saying it's finished but, who knows I might go back to it again at some point!
That's the fun of journals ..... nothing is ever finished, there's always room for little extras!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day, and have a lovely Easter break


Cheerio until next time ........



2 comments:

Loll said...

WOW! Gorgeous pages Linda. I love the colours you've used (of course, pink!!). :) This looks old world meets new world with your bright pink among the shades of brown and gray. So cool. Great work! xx

Mrs.B said...

A great journal spread and I love that shade of pink - whatever it is.
Hope you managed the BBQ.
Happ0y Easter, Avril x