Friday 22 April 2022

New release from Sweet Poppy Stencils ......

Happy Friday ........

This week has flown by ...... it has been a busy one though 
We're off on another adventure this weekend, so I've been getting all the stuff ready and checking that Remi (the van) is all set to go.  We're on the morning boat on Sunday .......... early Sunday morning!! there we're heading down towards Hereford ...... it's going to be a long day!!!!  

I forgot to mention that Lucy was back on the TV yesterday (ooops!) with a brand new release from Sweet Poppy Stencils.  So sorry if you missed the shows.  I must confess I didn't see them live but, they are available to watch on Rewind on the Create and Craft Website.  So if you did want to see them you can (phew!) 

If you love your Lavinia stamps then the new stencils might just be for you.  
There's two stunning new, large fairy designs ..... Guardian and Wisdom, and a pair of cute little hares called Companions.  All designed by Tracey Dutton, and available on the Sweet Poppy website ..... check out the New Products section

Here are a few of my samples that I did for the shows .........  this is Guardian


Isn't she beautiful!  She is quite big but, I say this everytime ....... you don't always have to use all of the stencil.  If you want to make smaller cards, just use part of the design.
The card above is A5 (8x6 inches ish) and you can see I've chopped the design down slightly by stecniling off the edges of the card.


I've also used both sides of the stencil.  I used Distress Inks ........ Chipped Sapphire with a touch of Black Soot for one of the fairies, then flipped the stencil over and used, I think it was Dusty Concord on the other.

I added the Cherry Blossom on the top (an older Sweet Poppy stencil) and then did a little ink blending around the edges ......


A few splatters of water onto the Distress Ink add a little bit more detail to the background, and I also added a touch of sparkle onto the fairy's wings .....


and finished off with a sentiment


Here she is again ....... still only using part of the stencil design


Next, meet Wisdom ......


Another gorgeous design from Tracey.  
I did the background first using the Oriental Cherry Blossom, released last month from Sweet Poppy and Spun Sugar Distress Ink.


I then blended around the edges with the same colour and added in a touch of Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet.
The fairy is simply stenciled over the top using a black Versafine Clair ink.  I like to use a sponge with black ink and build up the depth of colour gradually so that it doesn't bleed underneath the stencil.


The little hare and the flowers are part of the new Companions stencil ..... I simply masked of the bits I didn't want to use .......


Here it is in full ...... how cute are these!


I used a background from my stash ...... done with Brushos I think.

I stenciled the hares over the top using Distress Inks .......


and the Glossy White Stencil Medium for the flowers


Whilst the medium was wet I sprinkled over with fine crystal glitter to add a touch of sparkle.

For the sentiment, I stamped and heat embossed onto a torn strip of vellum and attached it across the bottom of my card ....... I forget how nice vellum looks on cards!


All the sentiments I've used on my cards are from the brand new Sweet Poppy stamp sets that were also on the shows.   You can find details of those on the Sweet Poppy website.  I've used the Hedgehog set and the Squirrel.  I'll be back with some samples of those later.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time ........



Supplies
All stamps and stencils are from Sweet Poppy
Coloured Inks are all Distress Ink 
Black is Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Gold Embossing Powder - WOW!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

These fairies are so sweet and so are the hares! You have used these stencils and stamps so beautifully, my friend! Have a lovely holiday!

Loll said...

Beautiful cards using the new stencils and stamps, Linda. You always add so many details that keep me fixated on each design to capture all the special touches. Hope you had a wonderful get-away. Catching up on commenting after being ill. xx