Tuesday 26 April 2022

Blogging from the van ........

Happy Tuesday ........

Hello from Herefordshire.  
We're on our latest adventure with Remi the motorhome.  We got the morning ferry from the Isle of Man across to Heysham on Sunday then we drove down to Hereford, where we had a lovely one night stopover on the Hereford Campsite.


A really nice campsite, very peaceful and it's a part of the UK we've never been to before, so it's all new.

Today we're just a few more miles down the road in a nice little corner spot on the Lucksall Campsite.  


We arrived yesterday and we're here until Friday then we're off again.    
Hubby is actually working from the van this week but we are finding time to explore.  We popped into the village of Fownhope (I think that's right!) this morning.  We went to the local butchers and got some rather nice steaks to go on the BBQ this evening ...... it's hubby's turn to cook!

Anyway, the real reason for today's blog is to share a couple more of my Sweet Poppy show samples with you ....... the stamp sets this time.

Here's the cute little hedgehog .......... I love this set!


It's a great sized image and easy to colour too.  I simply stamped it onto white card, heat embossed with a clear powder, and used Karin markers to colour.  


I then fussy cut around the top edge of the stamped image, cutting down the width of the card slightly too, so that it would fit nicely across the bottom my cardbase. 


I inked another piece of white card using Distress inks, splattered a little bit of water over the top to add a bit more detail to the background and then stamped my sentiment, before attaching it on the front of my cardbase


Before adding the hedgehog over the top, I wrapped a piece of natural twine around the bottom, and then used foam pads to raise this panel from the background ....... cute or what!


These stamp sets are so detailed and are perfect if you love to colour but, on the other hand, if you're not happy colouring in with markers or pens and pencils, then these stamps still look fabulous with just a touch of colour


Why not use one of the fabulous Sweet Poppy Aperture stencils to create some shape and colour in the background


I used the circle here with Distress Inks then simply stamped the hedgehog over the top in a black ink .... easy.
I added a little more detail with a few ink splatters, and stamped one of the sentiments from the set using a gold ink


Here's a similar design using the Squirrel stamp set this time ........  how about this for a masculine card?


The Sweet Poppy Oval aperture stencil, with Distress Inks, onto Kraft card.
I then stamped the squirrel, slightly off the edge of the card and over the inked aperture


A few ink splatters add a bit more detail onto the background, and I hand doodled a frame around the edge.  
I decided to add my sentient in two halves ..... one simply stamped at the top in black ink


and the other on a little kraft tag at the bottom, stamped and heat embossed in gold and attached using a foam pad


I also used the squirrel stamp for the detail around the edge of the bottom layer of my card ......  just the foliage part stamped repeatedly around the edge.

Here's a fun idea for using just the foliage part of the stamp .......... another design for those men in our lives maybe


I stamped the acorns and leaves twice onto black cardstock,  heat embossed in gold, and then coloured them using pearlescent paints


I repeated this twice again, concentrating just on the acorns this time.  I then fussy cut everything.

Onto a square of black cardstock, I used the same pearlescent paints to add some splatters and create the background


I attached the leaves and acorns onto my background forming a circle shape in the centre and layering up the acorns to add some more dimension


I then stamped the sentiment, die cut it with circle dies and attached it in the centre using a wobbler so that it acutally moves


All of the new stamps can be found in the New Products section on the Sweet Poppy website.  

And guess what ..... not only are this months new release on there but ..... you can find details of NEXT MONTH'S  Sweet Poppy release too.  
Brand new stencil designs, more new stamp sets and ....... gorgeous new colours of Mica Powders too.  And you can order them all now!!!

Happy crafting!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
It's time for a glass of wine I think ....... it's 5 o'clock somewhere!

Cheerio until next time ........


Supplies
All stamps and stencils are from Sweet Poppy
Inks:  Various colours of Distress Inks; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Delicata - Golden Glitz

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

What lovely samples, Linda! Love the hedgehogs and squirrel and the leaves and acorns are awesomely colored! Sounds like you're having fun. Safe travels my friend!

Loll said...

Fabulous samples of the new stamps Linda! Love that hedgehog and squirrel ... they would be pretty large on an A2 card that we make here. :) LOVE your last card with the autumn leaf wreath. So beautiful against the black with all the gold and the shimmer of the pearlescent paints. Looks like you have a lovely spot to stay at. Have fun exploring Heresford! xx