Sunday 14 August 2022

Fun in the sun ......

Hello there ........ 

Happy Sunday to you.  I hope you're all having a lovely weekend. 
It's another beautiful day here on the island (I could get used to this) ........ the sun is shining and it's getting hot out there!  
 
We've got a BBQ this afternoon, a nice easy one this time ....... we're having homemade pizzas!  Quick and easy to cook on the BBQ, although quite a bit of prep to do first.  Guess where I'm going next! 
    
Apparently the heatwave is about to break,  which I'm sort of glad about.  I don't mind the heat today but we're off in the van again next week so, if temperatures are about to cool off a little that's fine by me. I've been a little warm in the van this week, whilst I've been getting things ready!

Anyway, before it gets all crazy, again, I thought I'd do a little catch up.  
There's not been that much going on in the craft room, its just been too hot but, I have been in there.  Well, I had to pack a few bits to take with me in the van!

I did make this though ...... for a guys birthday


I saw something similar on Pinterest so the design isn't all mine ....... when it comes to mens cards Pinterest is always my go too!

I used a Funky Fossil stencil for the speech bubbles and Distress Oxide Inks ........ they are so easy to use with stencils 


I used a different coloured oxide for each of the bubbles, and then searched through my birthday stash for sentiments that fit inside each one.


I added a few matching coloured enamel dots here and there to finish off 


It's been a busy couple of weeks with one thing and another .... all good though.
We've had birthday celebrations, which were fun.   We finally put an end to something that's been going on for the last eight years ...... I won't go into details, I'll just say that everything went in our favour at last, so it was worth all the time and effort!
And my big brother and sister-in-law came over to visit for a couple of days which was lovely as we don't see each other very often these days.  They brought their granddaughter, Amelia with them too .... she's such a sweetheart, and growong up fast!


We caught the steam train and spent a day down in Port Erin. 


Amelia loved the train.

It was another glorious day .......


We had fun on the beach, and a bite to eat .....


We spotted one of the dolphins (couldn't really miss it!!) that are hiding all over the island this year for The Big Splash Art Trail


Then it was time to head back to the train .......


Some of us were a little sleepy on the way home ........ awwww!


And to end the day .......... a BBQ, and a rainbow.  Perfect!


It was lovely to see them, they didn't stay long enough!

I've also managed to make a start on some Christmas cards!!! A crafty day with the girls, and I was very productive for once but,  I'll save those for another post.  
Time to enjoy the sunshine I think ...... now where did I put the sun cream! 😎

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your weekend.  

Cheerio until next time ....




Supplies
Stamps: Various sets of birthday sentiments from my stash
Stencils: Say What stencil (Funky Fossil)
Inks: Distress Oxide Inks - Tumbled Glass, Speckled Egg, Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw, Abandoned Coral; Versafine Clair - Nocturne (for the sentiments)
Other: Self adhesive enamel dots

3 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Glad you have been enjoying the sunshine with family. Great card and great idea, it works perfectly for a masculine card. Must remember the idea xx

Bonnie said...

What a fun birthday card, Linda, and so perfect for a guy! Looks like a nice visit with your family.

Loll said...

Such a lovely visit with your family and spending time with little ones is a very special treat. Your masculine birthday card is AWESOME! Love the colours and fun sentiments. :) xx