Friday 11 November 2022

Mistletoe anyone!!! ...............Christmas card ideas using Sweet Poppy stamps

Happy Friday .........

I can't believe we're into double digits in November already ........ this month is flying by!

Did anyone catch Lucy and Sweet Poppy Stencils on the TV yesterday? ...... sorry I didn't give you a heads up!  
I think it was the last show for 2022 but, don't quote me on that, I could be wrong.
Don't worry, if she is back again before the end of the year I will let you know .... I promise.

Yesterday's show was focusing on some new stamp designs, Christmas ones, and of course some gorgeous stencils.  If you were watching I hope you managed to get what you wanted ...... everything sold out so fast!!!  If you did miss out on anything, check out the Sweet Poppy website, you'll find all the new products on there.
 
Are all your Christmas cards done or, are you like me and only just making a start?  To be fair, I am earlier than last year with my cardmaking and, I have started thinking about trees and decorations.  You never know they might just go up that bit earlier too!
 
Clean and simple (CAS) is the way I'm going this year for my cards, and the Sweet Poppy stencils and stamps are just perfect for that.

How about a bunch of festive Mistletoe .........


Stamped and heat embossed onto black cardstock, and then coloured using metallic/pearlescent paints


A touch of glitter on the berries and a little white paint splattered onto the background to give the look of falling snow


And a bit of festive red twine to finish off.

Same stamp, different look .......


You don't always have to colour in your stamped images, why not use coloured cardstock.
For this card I've stamped and heat embossed an all over design, and highlighted just the berries with a touch of crystal glitter ......


Then used a two part die cut sentiment as my focal point .......


Or, how about Kraft card ........


Heat embossed in white this time, and coloured with pearlescent paints again.  


I added some white Enamel Accents to the berries and sprinkled with glitter whilst they were still wet.
Splattered the background with white paint, added a sentiment and finished off with a bow ..... very festive!


Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.  
It's looking like a quiet one for us, there's nothing in the diary .... yet!  

Cheerio until next time .........

4 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Three ways, one stamp, that's really great inspiration. Thank you. I am in the process of making my Christmas cards, they seem to be taking all my time! xx

Loll said...

Three lovely cards using your beautiful mistletoe stamp and die. Fabulous way to show the versatility of this stamp. xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

3 fabulous designs! I love them all!

Bonnie said...

Very festive indeed, Linda! I love this mistletoe and all the different looks you got with it!