Tuesday 15 November 2022

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree ........

Happy Tuesday ..........

I've been at it again, batch making Christmas cards that is ...... well there are only 40 days to go before the big day!!!!!

Now you know me, I do love a nice Christmas tree and yes, it is almost time to get those baubles out and start decorating! (Carol, if you're reading this, there will be a Christmas tree up for our crafty get together next weekend ........ fingers crossed!) 

Anyway ......... speaking of Christmas trees, here's a beauty.  One of the latest stencil designs from Sweet Poppy ...... the gorgeous new Fir Tree


It is a large stencil but, as I always say, you don't have to make large cards.  These are 7x5 inches (my go to card size), and I think it looks great.

This was the sample I did for the TV show last month ...... I love it!  So CAS, I just had to make more. 


I used the Sweet Poppy Stencil Medium in the Pearlescent White through the stencil and then sprinkled over with Fine Crystal glitters whilst the paste was wet, and left them to dry naturally.


A few little sparkly gems added here and there, and a star on the top ......


All finished off with embossed sentiments.


Here are a few more ideas done last month for the TV show, using this fab stencil .......


Here's the tree full size ..... it's so pretty!
I used the stencil medium again, this time sprinkled with green glitter and then I fussy cut the tree once it was dry, and used fom pads to attach it to my card


A few gold and silver ink splatters on the background, dots of glitter glue for the baubles to decorate the tree, and a tub for it to sit in on the bottom ..... very festive!


Same stencil ..... used this time to create a little winter scene.


Just by using a little bit of masking you can alter the size of the tree, and create a little forest scene in the background .........


 adding the full size tree in the centre


Large trees not your thing? ....... then just mask off the bottom of the stencil ....... make the tree a size to suit you


This looks so cute ....... and it's one layer, so perfect for posting!

I simply used a bit of masking tape to cover the bottom the part of the stencil, before using the stencil medium.  I left it overnight to dry completely, then I used foil over the stenciled design and ran it through a laminator.  
Quick tip - if you're using foil on your stenciled designs, before you apply the foil, carefully dust around the edges of your design with an anti-static bag, being a bit careful not to get the dust on the stencil medium.  This avoids the foil sticking where you don't want it.    If  this does happen though, you can remove the foil by gently using a sand eraser (check them out on Amazon, they're not expensive)


A simple gem on the top of the tree, and a sentiment stamped underneath ...... done!


I love it when it's time to put the Christmas tree up, and it's almost here ...... whoo hoo!! 
A few new baubles have already been bought, and I'm already thinking of where to put the trees.  
I am a little nervous though ...... this year we have a little one who is now very mobile, and is into everything.  Christmas is going to be fun this year! 


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time .......

6 comments:

!neke said...

Love your cards !!!!
Lovely trees !
groeten Ineke

HilaryJane said...

Great cards, as always. Thanks for the tips too. Hope you enjoy getting your trees up xx

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful tree, Linda! I may have to get that stencil. I love the white glittery trees on the black with the little red baubles and gold star! So elegant! It's also fabulous with the green glitter, in a forest and the little golden delight!

Loll said...

Lovely tree cards using that fantastic stencil. I love the CAS style of this stencil and how it can be used in so many different ways. Always inspiring, my friend. Your little one is so sweet ... what a fun Christmas this will be! xx

Mrs.B said...

Great cards Linda, it's a lovely stencil.
Little Arthur is growing up fast, so sweet - don't put any baubles on the bottom of the tree - that's going to be my motto this year too!
Avril xx

Sandy said...

Linda these are delightful cards - I really like the gold tree with the red bauble on top. I am quite fond of simple cards. I also like the black Christmas tree card with the star tree topper. Wonderful!
Sandy xx