Friday 2 December 2022

On the second day of December ........

Happy Friday!

I hope you've had a good week.  
What's everyone got planned for the weekend?  I think I might make a start on the Christmas gift wrapping tomorrow ..... one of my favourite festive tasks.  

I finally made time to start writing some Christmas cards today ....... yeah!!   
The posting dates may have had something to do with it, as I have a few overseas cards to send.  And, it's our crafty Christmas lunch on Sunday so I had to get those ready ....... Secret Santa gifts too  (I do love this time of year!)

My Christmas cards this year have all been very CAS, and made in batches  


The gorgeous Sparkling Season stamp set by Gina K Designs, from this years Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember,  is perfect for creating elegant looking Christmas cards with minimum fuss.

These were done using one of the stamps from the set, along with one of the sentiments ......... couldn't be more simple.  And, if you use a stamping platform, then everything can be done at once.


I stamped in Versamark, heat embossed in gold, and then added some gold ink splatters onto the background ....... (the coloured card is actually a gorgeous deep purple which isn't really coming across in the photos.  With the gold embossing, it does look quite regal)


I added another sentiment from the same stamp set inside the card, along with the baubles again.


This time I stamped with a metallic gold ink ...... how pretty is that!


Our weekend is starting early, we're off out for dinner this evening.  We're trying out a new restaurant that opened recently ...... La Villa Perrilla.  It's a South American place, and the menu looks amazing.  The cocktail bar doesn't look too bad either 🍸
We're not eating until 8 so, we might have a pre-dinner drink before we go ..... well it would be rude not to open todays advent calendar windows now wouldn't it ......


Chris and Myra came yesterday with these ......... mine's the gin one and hubby's is the rum.  
It's years since I've had an advent calendar ......... these are so much better than the chocolate ones!!!!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.

Cheerio until next time ......


PS  Don't forget about the 12 Days of Christmas over on the Sweet Poppy website.  One fabulous product, available for 24 hours, at an amazing price.
Todays offer is .......... the gorgeous Floral Dahlia stencil 





3 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous heat embossed Gold ornament card design on dark cardstock, Linda. I often make duplicates also of my favorite CAS Christmas card designs..yours is on the way:-) I hope the strike in the UK doesn't wreck havoc on Christmas card and gift deliveries. Enjoy your Holiday Season festivities..I am sure you will, my friend. Your Advent Calendars are such unique gifts..enjoy! Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

You always are busy this time of year, Linda. I love how happy you sound talking about Christmas! It's contagious! Gorgeous batch of lovley Christmas cards. I love the design, shine and sparkle on the dark base. Elegant!! What a lovely gift from your friends. That's a fun advent calendar idea!! :) xx

Bonnie said...

Such elegance, Linda! I can see why that stamp set sold out so quickly!