Tuesday 23 May 2023

Sweet Poppy Stencils are back on the TV ..........

Happy Tuesday ........

Well, our trip is over and we're back on the island ....... it is nice to be home!

It's going to be a busy few weeks though, we're off on our travels again on the 16th June.  
The van desperately needs cleaning, inside and out (Remi is covered in Scottish midges!!),  and I've a mountain of stuff to do at home. We've got this years TT starting at the weekend, looking forward to that.  The weather's not looking too bad either, at the moment, so fingers crossed we have a good one.
And, I have some DT stuff to squeeze in before we go away again so, the craft room is going to get some use.

Speaking of DT stuff, all you Sweet Poppy fans might like to know that Lucy is back on our TV screens tomorrow, 24th May at 12 noon on the usual channels ..... Sky 673, Virgin 748, Freesat 813 and Freeview 85.
She'll be showcasing gorgeous stencils and, those amazing new stamps from the Beautiful Botanicals range.  What a nice way to spend your lunch break.

It's so hard to choose a favourite from this latest stamp release, they're all so pretty.
I've already shared the Tulip with you, the Daffodil and the beautiful Sweet Pea so, how about ...... Foxgloves


I used black Versafine Clair ink,and the Sweet Poppy Postcard stencil to create the frame around the edge.
I then used low tack tape around the edge and added a touch of colour to the inside of the frame using Distress Ink


With the masking tape still in place, I stamped the Foxglove image three times onto the postcard and used the little bee that comes in the set as the stamp


I coloured the flowers using Brush Markers and added some ink splatters onto the background, finishing off with a few dots of glitter glue here and there and a simple sentiment


If you don't like colouring in your stamped images, these stamps can work just as well simply stamped onto a coloured background


For this card, I handpainted the background using Distress Inks and Oxides onto watercolour card ...... a technique I saw the lovely Julie Hickey do on Facebook


Once the ink was dry, I then stamped the Foxglove a couple of times and also added the little bee.


I added some gold splatters to the background and coloured the bee using a gold sparkle pen


To add a bit more interest to my card I took another piece of white card, larger than my piece of watercolour card, and stamped the Foxglove across the bottom edge using a black Versafine Clair ink


I then mounted the water-coloured panel over the top and added a simple sentiment. 
Another version of one of my favourite colour combinations ....... black and white, with a pop of colour!

Don't forget ...... tune in at12 noon tomorrow (24th May) and see more ways to use these gorgeous new Sweet Poppy stamps from the new Beautiful Botanicals Range


Thank you for popping by ....... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm off to climb, sorry, I mean make a start on the mountain of laundry that we've brought home with us!

Cheerio until next time ........

3 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Love both these cards, the foxgloves can look so different with a bit of colour to them, but they also look impressive in black. Love the idea of stamping the back panel and the 3 watercolour stripes. I shall try to remember that one. Thanks for sharing wonderful pictures of your Scottish adventures too xx

Loll said...

Beautiful cards using that gorgeous foxglove image, Linda!! I LOVE your first card with the vibrant pink blooms. So sweet as a post card and the bee is adorable on the stamp. :) The second card is so creative and striking. The soft colours of the watercoloured blocks make an amazing background for the stamped line images. Additional foxgloves in the background makes this card even more special. Great work, my friend! xx

Bonnie said...

Love the foxgloves colored and left plain too, Linda! That little bee is adorable!