Sunday 1 October 2023

Quick and easy, but looks sooo pretty ........

Happy Sunday ........

Welcome to October!
I do love this time of year, when the temperatures are starting to cool a little, and the leaves on the trees are starting to turn.  It's been a lovely day here on the island so, dinner went in the slow cooker this morning, and we spent the afternoon in the sunshine, giving the garden a good old tidy.
I even took the plunge and changed my wardrobe around.  All the pretty, bright coloured, summer dresses have been packed away and it's out with those deep, rich Autumnal shades .... my favourites.  The woollies are out, along with those winter coats, socks and boots! 
I suppose it won't be that long before I can start to think a little more festive and decide where I'm putting the trees this year (sshhhh! ..... I've already been looking at Christmas decorations!).  

Anyway, before the craft room starts to look like Santa's grotto, and everything in there is dusted in glitter (hmmm ........wonder how hubby's going to cope with that now that we're sharing our work space!)  I still have some birthday cards to make. 


This idea came from Pinterest (one of my go to places when I need inspiration!).
I do like a nice embossing folder and the 3D ones from Simon Says Stamp are just gorgeous.  There's so much detail on them, and some even come with matching dies, so you can add more depth and dimension ..... I love them!

This one is called Darcy Bouquet, it's not a new design at SSS but it is the first time that I've used it (like so many things in the craft room!)  It does have matching dies to cut out 3 of the large flowers.  I didn't use it this time but, I will give it a go at some point.

I simply ran the folder through my Big Shot using a piece of coloured cardstock (Stampin Up's Sweet Sorbet)  I did spritz the card lightly with clean water before I ran it through and just look at that detail ...... amazing!


To make the design stand out a little more, I used a sponge to apply some White (Picket Fence) Distress Ink onto the raised design. 

I added a die cut sentiment ..... cut and layered three times and coloured using the matching ink to the cardstock from Stampin Up! again 


I added a few sparkly gemstones just to finish it off.

A really simple design but, it does look soooo pretty!

As it's the first time I've used this Embossing folder I'm going to join in the fun with Darnell's NBUS Challenge #55
(that's if I can remember how to link up ..... it's been a while!)


I do love a good Blog Challenge so, as the diary looks pretty quiet next week I might just find some more to play along with.

Thanks for popping by, have a great week ahead.
Time to see how that dinner is doing ..... it smells delicious!

Cheerio until next time .......


6 comments:

Loll said...

Your card is gorgeous, Linda. I LOVE the colour of that card and the embossed design is amazing. Nice to have some time to play along with challenges! xx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, this is a gorgeous card, the detail is stunning.
Just had a little catch up and nice to see you posting again.
Avril xx

HilaryJane said...

Love that colour, the white ink has enhanced the embossing beautifully xx

Bonnie said...

I love these 3D embossing folders and this is a beauty! One of my favorite techniques too! Beautiful contrast with the sponging.

Darnell said...

Hi Linda! It seems ages since I've visited and I'm sorry to be so late now, but I've been offline for three weeks with company and traveling. It was great, but I'm glad to be back and it's good to see you again! Your card is a brilliant example of making a 3D folder come alive! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Sue - said...

What a fabulous card, absolutely beautiful!