Tuesday 10 October 2023

Seize the Birthday Challenge .......

Happy Tuesday .......

I hope you're well.
I can't believe that we're at double figures in October already, and the scary thing is, I don't seem to have done much!
I must confess though,  I have started my Christmas shopping today, a little bit early for me but hey! the sooner I start, the sooner it'll all get done. Wait a minute, who am I kidding, I'll still be at it on Christmas Eve.  It's not much really, just a couple of baubles for the tree (the grandkids get a new one each year) and a couple of stocking fillers, it's a start though!

Speaking of making a start, I thought it was time I started playing along with a few more Blog challenges again ..... I do love a good challenge!
I thought it was a great way of getting back into the swing of things in the craft room, break things in gently.  Set themes, lots of inspiration to get my mojo going again,  plus, it's a great way to fill up my card stash boxes.

I'd better get a move on for this one though, talk about being on the last minute (some things never change!!)

Seize the Birthday is a fun bi-monthly challenge focused on ....... Birthday cards!


The usual theme is 'Anything Goes' but each challenge has a 'toppings' option.  A little extra that you can choose to add or not. 
The toppings for Challenge #270 is ....... Repetitive Die Cuts


We all like a bit of die cutting don't we, and I had a few die cut words already done so ......


I layered up the happys, coloured them using Distress Oxide inks ........ I just love the depth of colour you get from these inks 


and then attached them to the front of a piece of white card, splattered with a little bit of gold ink


A few matching gemstones here and there, and a stamped sentiment to finish


Very quick and easy to do, but a very happy and colourful birthday card.

As I said, I'm on the last minute for this challenge, the deadline is only hours away, so I'd better get going and link it up.

Thanks for popping by, enjoy the rest of your day.

We've got the family round for dinner this evening so I'd better get some tidying up done!

Cheerio until next time ........


5 comments:

Nancy said...

Linda, Gald to have you joining us at Seize the Birthday! You did a wonderful job with the topping too. Your two-tone sentiments look wonderful! Thanks for playing!

Glenda J said...

This is so fun and cheerful Linda! Love your bold rainbow sentiment. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Loll said...

LOVE the different colours of ink blending on each of the word die-cuts Linda. Fun and colourful card! xx

Bonnie said...

This can't help but be a happy card, Linda! Wonderful shading on each die cut! Looks like a winner to me.

Nancy said...

https://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com/2023/10/winners-270-repetitive-die-cuts.html