Monday 18 December 2023

I'm usually a more traditional girl but ...........

Happy Monday .........
 
Have you had a nice weekend? 
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.  Just seven more sleeps to go until the big day ...... Ho! Ho! Ho!  Things are about to get a little crazy around here!   

The last of my Christmas cards are done (phew!).  One of the jobs on the list for today was to get them in the post so, it's now fingers crossed that they all get there in time!  I can't believe I'm so late!!

Now, you know me, I'm quite the traditional girl when it comes to Christmas cards ......... snowmen, snowflakes, baubles,  and Christmas trees (lots of trees!!).  
Pretty poinsettias, a Christmas wreath, and I do love my festive reds and greens.  So, when I saw the theme for the final challenge this year, over at the Color Hues Challenge BlogI thought I'd give it a try.
What do you think? ........ I kinda like it


Pink and Silver ...... definitely not my go to Christmas colours but, it works.


The embossing folder I used is the pretty 3D Holiday Floral Swag from Spellbinders ...... I love it!!

I simply ran it through the Big Shot, using white cardstock, then blended Distress Inks over the design (Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry),


fading out the colour where my sentiment was to go.


I heat embossed the sentiment in silver and added a few dots of white Enamel Accents


To finish off, and give the card a more snowy look, I splattered with a little bit of white paint


Here's another version of the same card but, just a little bit different .......


This time it was Spun Sugar Distress and Worn Lipstick, going a little more red instead of pink


and I changed the sentiment ever so slightly ........ 


I think I prefer the sentiment this way.

Anyhow, Pink and Silver is now definitely on my festive combo list!
And, as it's the first time I've used this embossing folder I'm also hooking up to Darnell's NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff!) Challenge


Thanks for popping ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm off to put my feet up for five minutes with a cuppa and a festive mince pie ...... yum!


And, just in case I don't get chance to blog again before the big day ............  

Have a Wonderful Christmas!

Cheerio until next time ......

4 comments:

Karen said...

I just love that embossing folder ink blended in pink! The silver embossed sentiment is terrific, too. Like you I like the second one even better than the first--which was lovely, too. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Bonnie said...

I spot a winner here, Linda! This is beautiful and so is the card you sent us! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Nancy said...

What I think is... that it's absolutely gorgeous! Love how crisp your heat embossing is and the addition of the white splatter looks great. Merry Christmas and thanks for taking the time to join us at Color Hues.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the embossed background panel! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!