Thursday 7 December 2023

It's that time of year again .......

Happy Thursday ........

How are you?  Full of the festive spirit yet?  
We're getting there.  This bug is still hanging on by a thread but, it will not beat me!!
Lists have been made (lots of lists!)  The shopping has started (note to self ..... I need to buy wrapping paper). 
I think I've eaten my body weight in mince pies (the diet starts in January ..... again!). I've tried the odd Christmas cocktail (or two ...... hic!) And,  I'm still making Christmas cards!


I guess he had to come out at some point now didn't he ...... my favourite little snowman.  I'm not even sure he's still available to buy.  He's an old wooden stamp from Inkadinkadoo, and every year I have to use him on at least one card ....... he always makes me smile 😊

I stamped the snowman onto a piece of white cardstock.  Masked around the edges to create a frame, and then slowly blended shades of blue Distress Inks inside to create my night sky


Once I was happy with the colour, I splattered the ink with a little bit of clean water and let it sit for a few seconds.
I mopped up the excess with a paper towel and then added a few dots of white Enamel Accents here and there, sprinkled with a touch of fine crystal glitter, to give it a snowy look


The snowman was coloured using brush markers ..... he's so cute!


And I finished off with a heat embossed sentiment and a touch more 'snow'


Speaking of snow, I've loved seeing all the pictures on Facebook of the snow across in the UK at the moment.  We might have even been in some of it had we gone on our trip ........ brrrrr!
If you're snowed in at the moment, stay safe and warm.

Thanks for popping by, enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time ........


4 comments:

Loll said...

So sweet, Linda. I LOVE this snowman too! You just have to smile when you see him. Glad you are feeling a lot better. xx

HilaryJane said...

I can see why that snowman is your favourite. Love the blended sky and snow effect xx

Bonnie said...

I always love seeing this snowman, Linda! He makes me smile too.

nancy littrell said...

Your lovely snowman is so happy to have a beautiful snowing background. TFS your sweet and Merry Christmas card, my friend. ...no snow here, but we have been having plenty of rain...we had a sunny day today though..such a nice break from our next rain:-) Love and Hugs, Nancy