I hope you're having a good week. It's the last day of September ..... that came around fast!
Before we came away I finally got around to completing the third, and last, of the latest JOFY Online Workshops.
These have all been so much fun to do, and I love the collection of finished cards.
This workshop was all about using stamp set JOFY147, along with a few other stamps from her collection and, JOFY's Vase Stencil (PS513)
As always, the workshop was full of useful tips and techniques ........ colouring with pencils, and adding little extras to create more interest
Creating backgrounds ......
Using up scraps of patterned papers and card, and layering your stamped images
And also ways of altering stamps and stencils to get the most out of them.
There's always something to learn.
I like using book pages on cards and journals but, you do have to be careful and check that there's no 'naughty' words on the bits that you use. Jo came up with a brilliant tip, she uses foreign books, so that the text is not that easy to read ....... guess what I'm looking for now!!!
We're still in the motorhome, currently in the seaside town of Southport ..... nor far from where hubby and I grew up really.
I can remember coming here for days out when I was a kid ...... the fairground, the boating lake and the pier, although that's been closed for a few years now.
The place itself hasn't really changed that much. The town is still the same, just different shops, and more places to eat.
The campsite we're on is only a short walk from the centre, right next to Victoria Park (where they hold the Southport Flower Show), and over the weekend we were treated to a fantastic fireworks display ...... the British Musical Fireworks Championships apparently.
We didn't have tickets for the park but, we really didn't need them. We got to see the show from the campsite ...... boy was it loud!!!
The pictures are not great (sorry!) but, the fireworks were spectacular!
We're off out for a late lunch now, and a stroll around the town, enjoying the sunshine while it lasts.
Thanks for popping by, enjoy the rest of your day.
Cheerio until next time ......







No comments:
Post a Comment