Sunday 12 January 2014

I've no excuse now ......

Happy Sunday everyone!

And Hi! to Toni, my latest follower, it's nice to have you along.
I hope you're enjoying the weekend.  Sunday for me started with a nice lie in and then blogging in bed, whilst a lovely full english breakfast was made for me.   The diet is definitely on hold this weekend, it's dinner out later - nom! nom!

My one Christmas card per week may not just be wishful thinking anymore ...... look what I've come across this weekend ........ a Christmas Card Blog Challenge .......


You know I love my blog challenges .... when I get the time.  So, this year I'm really making an effort to keep up with my favourite ones.  I came across this one through Greta's blog which I follow, and it looks like fun ...... so I've no excuses now, there's going to be a touch of Christmas every week - I hope! 
Here's the first one of 2014 .....


A CAS design ....... let's not go mad shall we.  I thought I'd make use of the Alterations Movers and Shapers die that's been sat on my workdesk for months.  I just love the mini jingle bell on there ..... sooo cute!

I cut one from glitter card and the other from silver mirri, attached them using foam pads, added my festive satin bow ......


and found the perfect sentiment in my stash, to go with them ...... 


And there you have it ...... my first Christmas card of 2014 - whoo hoo!!
I'd better get it uploaded to the challenge now, it closes later today.   Can't wait to see what tomorrow's challenge will be .....  Christmas card number 2 coming up!!

Thanks for popping by today, enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Cheerio for now

Linda
xx




10 comments:

Marybeth said...

Well you found one of the most fun challenges with Merry Monday. I would say your card looks like a winner to me...oh my gosh this is gorgeous ....love the bells tied up with that pretty ribbon ! The sentiment stamp is perfect!
LOVE. Your card!!!!!!!!!

Clare with paint in her hair said...

ohh thanks for sharing that, I should join in too and get started for this Christmas, I didn't give any cards to charity to sell this year, I was disappointed in myself for not having time.

Karen Davis said...

Hi Linda, welcome to Merry Monday, thanks for joining us.
I do love your card. I like the idea of a sparkly and shiny bell. They are finished beautifully with the big red bow and the music sentiment

Redanne said...

Well done Linda! It is a great idea to follow that challenge, you will be sorted for Christmas this year if you keep it up. Hope you enjoy your meal out. Hugs, Anne x

Bonnie said...

I love the contrast of shine on the jingle bells, the perfect sentiment and that gorgeous red bow to top it off! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Kristie Goulet said...

Hi Linda! I absolutely love this with those jingle bells! Your red bow is gorgeous!
Thank you for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Linda--this is just fabulous! Love your bow, the bells, that sentiment--WOW! One of my favorite challenges--glad you've joined in this year.

LeAnne said...

Absolutely gorgeous---a real stand-out in the gallery! LOVE the pretty ribbon and sparkly bells! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for visiting me over at Stamping Peace. : )
Cheers, Dawn

Darnell said...

I was just coming over for a visit anyway and then what do I see, your card showcased on the HMs at the Merry Monday challenge! Yippee!! Way to go, Linda! Your card is seriously fantastic!!

Merry Monday is the Christmas card challenge I always do, too. It's a really wonderful DT. I'm hoping to do it every week and not wait until June or July like I did last year. In fact, I need to start thinking about this week's card ... Hope you are having a great week! Hugs, Darnell