Friday 10 January 2014

Winter Blues ......

Happy Friday,

What a busy week ......it doesn't take long to get back in the swing of things does it.   
The last bits of the festive fayre has all but gone ...... there are a few chocolates and part of a Christmas cake, so the diet's off for another week (that's a shame! ...... she says with her hand in a large bag of peanut M&Ms).

Things are pretty much back to normal in the old craft room too.  The place is a tip, the 'To Do' list is growing daily, new stash is piling up because I've no time to play with it, I'm busy with DT stuff, and Blogger is up to his usual tricks! 
Not only has my Blog background disappeared (ok, ok .... that's not blogger's fault!) but now it's taking ages to save anything, and I can't preview things.  When I do leave the page (after making my own copy of what I've just blogged), log back in again, everything is there SAVED!!!! Arghhhhhh!  It takes me long enough to blog as it is without the site playing silly beggers.

Oh yes ....... and the Christmas craft stash is still out too!  Does that mean I have to keep it out all year now?
At least I stand a chance of making my ONE Christmas card every month then .......  I did say the same thing last year and look how well that worked out in 2013!
I'll keep you posted on how I get on ..... don't hold your breath though, it may get December before I make a start ........ and I might just get fed up of stepping falling over the stash box too!

One thing I have managed to do this week is a card for one of my favourite Blog Challenges -  Less is More

To start off the year the girls have given us a Colour Challenge .......

Winter Blues
they want us to use shades of Blue

Here's mine ......


My shades of blue are Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans and Stormy Sky Distress inks, for the background with the text randomly stamped in Faded Jeans


Then the pretty flowers have been stamped over the top using the gorgeous Cornflower Blue Archival ink from the Wendy Vecchi range.
I love this stamp set - Rose Branch Border from Stampendous.  It's been in my stash for ages and never been used (like so many other things!)

The words are also from the same stamp set and have been stamped using another of Wendy's Archival inks - Watering Can


Some satin ribbon finishes off the front, and of course the inside's been done too ....


It's now in the post on it's way to my Mother-in-law for her birthday on Monday (two jobs done in one!) Hope she likes it.

It's also my day to post on the DT Blog over at Creative Studios if you fancy taking a look - more ideas using Sam's new stamp designs.



Thanks for popping by today.  I see I have another new follower too ..... welcome Kelly it's nice to have you along.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend.  Are you doing anything nice?
Cheerio for now

Linda
xx

7 comments:

Rosmarie said...

Very elegant card. Love the soft shades!
Thanks for visiting and the nice comment you left.
Rosi x

Nonni said...

What a beautiful card, I love the serene feeling and the bow adds such a nice, feminine touch.

Redanne said...

Oh my Linda, your card is beautiful! Love the way you stamped in the blue (have you seen Wendy's latest colours!!) and the stamp is lovely. Off to see your other piece now. Hugs, Anne x

Chrissie said...

This is simply beautiful!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab image and design.xxx

Darnell said...

Fun post, Linda! Please pass the M&Ms if there are any left because I need the chocolate comfort. Blogger is on my crap list, too, for the shenanigans when trying to post AND today, when I finally get a chance to catch up with my visiting, every other blog I visit, I lose my comment when I go to publish!

It's just poof! Vanished and, of course, I'm not cheap with my words, so talk about annoying! Sometimes I get an "Whoops..." and sometimes I get a "try again" but my words are gone, so how can I? Grrr. And it doesn't matter WHAT operating system I'm using! What do you think is going on? I'm beginning to worry about them ... oh, I won't even say it!

On a happier note, your LIM card is divine! You are always my inspiration for making the inside as beautiful as the outside!!

I hope you are enjoying the weekend! Thanks for letting me rant! Hugs, Darnell

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, just catching up - such a gorgeous card.
Avril xx