Friday 13 November 2015

Friday the 13th ........ Hey! it could be your lucky day ......

Good morning!,

Yes it's Friday the 13th ...... ohhhh ..... unlucky for some!!  Not for you though, right! (fingers crossed ....... not that I'm superstitious or anything ..... who me?!)

If you haven't entered the current Craft Stamper challenge yet then why not do it today.   Get out those stamps ..... create something fabulous ...... and who knows you could be one of the lucky winners this month.

There's a fantastic prize from the challenge sponsor ..... Magenta


4 gorgeous stencils and 3 fabulous masks


And ...... don't forget ..... they're also offering a flat rate shipping charge of just $5 for all Craft Stamper readers, on all stencils and cling stamps. Simply use the code PromoCSUK when you checkout.  Offer available until November 30th.

Then there's the Design Winner ... chosen by the DT.  They will get their winning project published in Craft Stamper magazine (a full 2-page spread!) ...... a Guest Designer spot on a future challenge AND a Winners Profile on the Craft Stamper Blog! Go on .... give it a go!

I've got a little bit of festive inspiration for you today .... well it is only 41 days until the BIG day!!
Have you done all your Christmas shopping .... or are you like me and not even started yet!  No that's not true, I have bought 2 small Christmas presents .... just stocking fillers but they will need wrapping and a tag putting on them


You know me ... I love my tags and this one is really simple to do.  Would be great on a gift for a guy I think.

I started by adding a touch of colour (Hickory Smoke Distress Ink) to just one half of the tag, then I stamped and embossed snowflakes over the top,


I spread some white texture paste across the other half of the tag, leaving quite a rough finish to it. While the paste was still a little wet, I stamped into it using the boot prints (from a Stampin Up! set called Daring Adventure).  When the paste was dry, I over stamped the boot prints using a black ink to define them a little more .....



I die cut the letters from red glitter card and attached them over the snowflakes ......


and then finished off with just a touch of glitter ...... and a festive ribbon.


Now it's your turn.  Have I tempted you to give the challenge a go .... I do hope so! Can't wait to see what you all create ..... have fun!

If you've been reading my blog recently you'll know that I'm tag mad at the moment.  One of my blog friends is hosting a special event ...... Loll's 12 Tags of Christmas (Stamping with Loll) and I've been joining in the fun


The challenge is currently on Day 9 ..... however I've only done upto Tag #7 so ....... I thought that this could be Tag #8 (anyone would think I planned it!!).  
Not only has the lovely Loll got her Tag event going on ..... this months HLS Christmas Challenge is all about TAGS


and ..... their brand new Mixed Media Challenge also has a TAG theme so I shall be linking up there too ...

 
Now that doesn't happen very often here does it ....... 3 challenges (4 if you include Craft Stamper from just one project!)

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day and have a great weekend.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

6 comments:

Redanne said...

The footprints look amazing on your tag Linda and I just love the red sparkly Ho, Ho, Ho ! Hugs, Anne xx

Loll said...

This is adorable Linda. I LOVE how your mind works! Santa's footprints ... so creative and fun!! Thanks for sharing at my tag event. xx

Marina said...

This is so fun and lovely - great texture and sparkle.

gail said...

great little tag, love those footprints. thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely fun tag Linda and I love the footsteps in the snow!!!
Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge.
Hugs
Carol x

Susan said...

Fabulous! Love the way you used the texture paste as snow for the footprints. The red glitter is perfect for the die cut sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.