Thursday 12 November 2015

Frosty the Snowman ...... tag #7

Happy Thursday,

I know, I know .... I'm a day behind with Loll's 12 Tags of Christmas Event!  It was all going so well too.  Not to worry though, the event is open until the 22nd ...... so lots of time to catch up!

Here's my tag #7 ..... it's Frosty the Snowman from the Tim Holtz Christmas Blueprint stamps


The tag itself is cut from a piece of card coloured using Brushos ..... fabulous little pots of magic!
(please don't ask me which colours I used ..... it was done a while ago and has been sitting in my scrap box .... all I can say is they were some of the blues!!!!)


I sprinkled 2 or 3 different shades of Brusho onto my card and then spritzed with water to activate the colours.  While they were still wet I spritzed over the top with Perfect Pearls, covered with a piece of cling film and left it to dry .... just like I did on the tag from Day 5

When you remove the cling film you get this gorgeous shimmery effect where the mica from the Perfect Pearls has collected in the creases of the cling film  .... perfect for all those Christmas projects.


The snowman was then stamped directly onto the tag, using black Archival ink and again onto a piece of 'homemade' white pearlescent card.  I simply painted over a piece of plain white cardstock using a white pearlescent paint mixed with a little water .... simple!


I cut out the snowman in layers and then stuck him over the top of the image on the tag ..... bottom layer directly onto the tag then I used foam pads of the remaining layers to add a little dimension

The top hat and scarf were both stamped again, coloured using Copic Markers, then cut out and layered them onto the snowman.


A few touches of glossy accents here and there, and a bit of glitter glue finish it off nicely

Of course he needs a bit of snow ... so I used some texture paste through Tim Holtz's Speckles stencil
to the top of the tag .....


and also spread a little across the bottom using a spatula.
The touch of sparkle is from a sprinkling of Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles Dry Glitter ..... well ... it is a Christmas tag after all!



I'm also linking this up to the current HLS Christmas Challenge ......


And ...... their Mixed Media Challenge too ......


Oh well .... better get on with today's tag .... or should I say yesterdays!  Now I'm confused!!!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.  We've actually got a bit of sunshine today and blue skies ........ but it ain't half windy!!!  The craft room it is then.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

10 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Linda, that is one gorgeous background for your sweet snowman! Love this!

Loll said...

Love all the wonderful elements of this tag Linda. That brushos background with the pearl cling wrap design is perfect ... looks very icy and cold! :) And your dimensional snowman is so fun. Great details! Thanks for sharing at my tag event. xx

nancy littrell said...

Wow gorgeous background for your fussy cut and fun snowman. TFS your awesome tag and creative steps Linda. Hugs, Nancy

Redanne said...

The gorgeous Brusho background you created is so perfect for the lovely dimensional snowman. I love your beautiful tag! xx

jasann said...

just love this snowman, I have made several Christmas Cards this year with this same snowman, he brings a smile to the face every time I see him, thanks for sharing this tag!!! it is beautiful!!!

Susan said...

I have to try that background technique! I love it! Wonderful details like the texture paste snow at the top and the rock candy glitter at the bottom.

Tanja said...

love that Brusho background you created for your beautiful tag

MaryH said...

Another Fab Tag! Love the brusho background, and you did great with the cling film technique. My results trying this have not been great, but I do love the brusho-s. That was a beautiful blue for Mr. Snowy-s background. He looks quite at home, with his warm clothes! TFS & playing the in the HLS November Christmas Tag Challenge.

LesLee said...

I love it.. the colors and the dimension... even the ribbon looks like a snowflake. Thanks for joining us a Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge LesLee xx

Unknown said...

Wonderful creation! I love background and choice of colours!
Thank you for always encouraging me