Wednesday 1 February 2017

Brand new stencil designs ......

Happy Wednesday .........

Welcome to February!


We've got a busy month coming up ..... but hey! what's new.
Everything is on schedule with the house move,  we get the keys to the new place next Thursday!!! I'd better get on with some packing I think.

Before I start boxing up the old craft room, I'm trying to get ahead of myself with all my DT commitments for this month ...... projects made and blog posts scheduled.  By the end of this week my February will be over!

Before it gets busy with this month's Blog challenges though I want to share with you some of the brand new designs coming up from Sweet Poppy Stencils.
Those eagle-eyed amongst you may have already seen these as they are available on the website now ....... and they've been shared on Facebook!
Anyone lucky enough to be going to a craft show anytime soon will be able to get their hands on them there too. I believe its the ICHF Stitching, Sewing & Hobbycrafts in Manchester this weekend and Sweet Poppy will be there, so if you're going pop by their stand and say Hello! ....

Here's some of my favourites from the new designs ...... just look at the gorgeous new Magnolia


This is so pretty ..... large enough to be the main focal point but still a great size for creating backgrounds.
Here I've simply used the stencil with heavy white gesso ..... let it dry, then coloured over the top using Watercolour pencils ......



The design looks great done with stencil paste too.  Sprinkled with glitter over the top whilst the paste is still wet ......


The Sweet Poppy glitters are so fine they don't take anything away from the detail of the stencil .....


A simple sentiment finishes the card off nicely ....


Another great design is the new Frame ...... I can see this one being so useful.


Black stencil paste and a simple die cut circle to fit the centre to add your greeting ..... perfect!


Why not add a touch of sparkle with those stunning Sweet Poppy glitters, for a different look


This time I've cut out the centre and added a pretty stamped image behind, before adding the words around the edges

Look at the detail on the design ..... just beautiful.

And you don't always have to use the whole stencil ........


Again, stencil paste and glitter and this time I've added a decorative centre from a piece of left over YUPO paper coloured with Alcohol inks ..... a great way of using up all of those bits.


One of the new designs I had to have was the Motorbike ....... how cool is this for men's cards, and perfect for me here on the island ... the Isle of Man TT and all that!


This is simply black stencil paste, then once it was dry I went over some of the detail using one of the Molotow Liquid Chrome marker pens ......


Look at the shine ......


A few ink splatters onto the background and a simple sentiment give the finishing touches


And finally ..... what about this fun design ....... Cocktails. Cheers everyone!


Now we all like the odd cocktail or two ...... I'm quite partial to a nice Hemingway Daiquiri now and again, or maybe the odd Aviation ... hic!  And wouldn't this be a great design for making party invites ...... hmmm housewarming maybe!

I used Distress Inks through the stencil to colour the cocktails, then applied Translucent stencil paste over the top to lock in the colour .......


A touch of crystal glitter to highlight the stems of the glasses ......


And a sprinkling of Brusho and a good old spritz with some water to colour the background.

These are just a few of the new designs coming your way soon.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your evening.
I'm off to quickly tidy my workdesk ready for tomorrow's To Do list.

Cheerio until next time

3 comments:

Loll said...

Some gorgeous stencil designs ... made even more special with your creative touch. All the cards you've made are amazing, my friend. Good luck with the move. xx

nancy littrell said...

My goodness you have been a busy girl, Linda. All your stencil cards are so beautiful. I love how you you have used many different mixed media products to add a special shiny, beautiful or textured touch to your gorgeous cards. TFS and have fun moving. Hugs...

Daria said...

Beautiful cards! I love that magnolia.