Monday 12 November 2018

Is it time to put the tree up yet? .......

Happy Monday .....

I hope you've had a lovely weekend, and that it wasn't too wet and windy where your are. The sun is shining here this morning so finger's crossed it's going to be a nice week.

We're staying in a cosy little bungalow called Robin's Nest.  It's so cute, has everything we need. We've been settling in over the weekend, as well as catching up with family.

It's the start of a brand new week.  Only 6 more to go ..... and it will be Christmas Eve.  Just saying!!
We were actually looking at Christmas trees over the weekend .... not that we need a new one, but ..... they were soooo pretty!

I'm starting this week with another Christmas tag ...... I'm really getting into the spirit of things now .... Ho! Ho! Ho!  
I'm playing along with the 12 Tags of Christmas with Loll & Friends


I'm up to Day 7 ....... and I've gone for the CAS look again.  (I'll have to make do with this Christmas tree for now!)


If you've been following this years 12 Tags event you will have seen all the fabulous, festive designs from Loll and her Friends, along with all the gorgeous tags in the link up gallery ..... there's so much inspiration, and we all need tags at this time of year!  Go on ..... join in the fun!

As I said, I've gone for the CAS look again, using one of my favourite embossing folders ..... SU's Softly Falling


I stamped the tree first onto my tag, using Olympia Green Versafine ink, and then ran it through my Big Shot using the EF


A touch of glitter on the branches, and random 'snowflakes' adds some festive sparkle.  And of course a little greeting on the bottom .... and that's another tag done.


I'm getting quite the collection now.

I might even have some parcels to put these tags on later.  We're off to the Christmas Markets in Manchester later this afternoon ........ I'm so excited!  Gluhwein and bratwurst, delicious hot chocolate and Stollen, and hopefully a few nice bits and bobs to fill Christmas stockings.

photo from the Manchester Evening News

There won't be too much mulled wine though ...... we're meeting up with some friends there later and then we're off to a Brazilian restaurant ..... I think its Brazilian anyway.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time .....

6 comments:

Loll said...

CAS Perfection and elegance defined my friend! That is a beautiful tree and it really is all you need with your falling snow and gold sentiment. Thanks for playing along.

You are going to have much fun shopping!! Spend lots! And enjoy your special evening with friends! xx

Christine Alexander said...

I love the simplicity of your tag, the embossing folder snow is so pretty and that tree is so elegant.
Enjoy your shopping spree in Manchester, Christmas markets are so much fun and really get in the spirit of Christmas :)

nancy littrell said...

Simply Beautiful CAS Christmas tree, falling snow and sentiment. TFS Linda and have fun this week. Hugs.Nancy

Robyn Oliver said...

What a lovely tree stamp Linda and like how you've used the indented side of the EF for your falling snow... great tag

Tee said...

CAS and gorgeous!!

Bonnie said...

What a pretty, snowy tree, Linda! A peaceful tag!