Saturday 10 November 2018

We made it!!!

Happy weekend folks ........

Yes, it was a little touch and go there as to whether the boat would sail yesterday but ...... we made it! Despite the torrential rain and the hoolie of a Force 8 gale that was blowing, the ferry left on time and we arrived safely on the other side, ahead of schedule. 
I won't deny it was a little on the bumpy side ........ and I was very nervous as we left (my sea legs are not that good!)   We'd booked a cabin though so we were fine.  As we left Douglas we snuggled down and let the boat rock us to sleep.  We woke on the other side, with the captain announcing we were ready to dock ..... phew! 

So ....... it's back to business.
I'm a little early again with my tag number 6 for the 12 Tags of Christmas with Loll & Friends
(I'm not sure how today's going to go so I thought I'd post it now while I have the chance!)


Yesterday Loll and Christine, her guest designer, posted two gorgeous cute designs so I'm following their theme today with a whole load of cute snowmen.  Hmmm ..... I wonder, what do you call a group of snowmen?  Please leave your answers below!

I stamped the snowmen (Newton's Nook Frozen Fellowship) onto a piece of white cardstock and fussy cut around the top edge


I added some colour using ZIG markers and little bits of sparkle here and there with some fine crystal glitter.

I then inked around the edges of my tag using shades of blue Distress Inks (Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire) and splattered with a little water. 
I let the water sit for a few seconds then mopped up the excess with a paper towel, leaving what I think is a great, easy to do, snowy sky effect


I stamped my sentiment and heat embossed with WOW Platinum EP, and then attached my snowmen towards the bottom of the tag, using foam pads to add dimension .....


Well, that's another one done.  I might just even find the perfect gift for it to go on whilst I'm over here in the UK.  There will be some Christmas shopping done at some point, I'm sure of it!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.

Cheerio until next time .....

7 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Glad you made it safe and sound, Linda. Your Snowmen Buddies look so festive and ready for the holiday season. TFS your cute tag, my friend. Hugs, Nancy

Redanne said...

A fabulous little crowd of snow people, they are just so adorable. So glad that the crossing wasn't too bad for you! Anne xx

Nstiz said...

Love that stamp and the way you used it on your tag. This is one of those tags that just makes me smile. Love the fun colors you used on this as well as the wonderful sky you created. Wonderful job on this.

Christine Alexander said...

Oh memories of a force 8 :), you just don't get that wind and rain in Vancouver Canada. The people here think they do but the North sea just whips up the wind and rain :) I really should vist the Isle of Man on one of my visits back home to Wales, perhaps when I'm retired in 2 years.
Your tag is adorable Linda, I just had to look that stamp up, I love your tag.

Loll said...

A-DORABLE!! What a cute snowman tag Linda. Love the group of sweet snowman. Great snowy sky. Thanks for playing along at TTOC 2018! Good to hear you arrived safely. Have fun shopping!! xx

Tee said...

Wow! This is such and fun tag! Gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

Could this be a blizzard of snowfolks? It looks like a very festive party going on. Such fun!