Friday 9 November 2018

We're going on a boat ......... hopefully!

Happy Friday .......

Well the bags are packed, my craft room door is closed, and we're nearly ready to go. 
BUT ...... the weather is a bit of a problem.  We've got rain, wind, and more rain!  Delightful ....... especially when we're booked on the boat!!  Oh well ..... the weather is one thing we can't control.  Serves us right for booking a ferry trip in November I suppose. We'll just have to sit tight and hope the storm passes quickly. 

In the meantime, I'm playing along with the 12 Tags of Christmas with Loll & Friends again. 


I'm a little early for the official Day 5 post but, here's my Tag number 5 ........ and we're going a little bit vintage for this one


I do love poinsettias at Christmas .... but as I think I've told you before, I'm not very good at keeping the real ones alive!

This one looks healthy enough though ...... stamped ones I can cope with!


This beautiful bloom has been stamped and heat embossed in gold, onto the bottom of my tag and then again onto separate pieces of cardstock, and fussy cut so that I could layer up the poinsettia to add dimension


I coloured each of the layers using ZIG markers and sprinkled the petals randomly with Chunky White Embossing Powder ...... love this stuff!

Before layering the flower, I masked off the image on the tag and used a music stamp for the background, before adding my sentiment


I used various shades of brown Distress inks around the edges, splattered a little water on the top, then finishing off with a touch of Walnut Stain around the very edges


A little more of that Chunky stuff gives a really snowy look.

Thanks for popping by ...... I hope the weather's a little nicer where you are.  Enjoy your weekend.

Whilst I've been chatting, it's actually stopped raining.  It's still blowing a hoolie though! I'm not getting too excited just yet, I've checked the website for the ferry sailings. The morning one was definitely cancelled, but at the moment the Harbour Master is saying, that there could be possible delays to the evening one, we have to wait for the forecast later.
We have to check in at the normal time and hope for the best!  Whatever happens it's going to be a bumpy ride.  The joys of living on this beautiful island, in the middle of the Irish Sea!

See you on the other side ..... I hope!

Cheerio until next time .......

9 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful vintage look tag Linda! Love the sponged background with musical stamping. I have that same sentiment and love the look, but ashamed to say I have never inked it up> Need to use it --- looks fantastic on your tag! The poinsettia ... oh my gosh it's GORGEOUS! Love the bold red and gold together and the layering really gives it so much fullness and dimension. AWESOME! Thanks again for playing along. Have a SAFE trip, my friend! xx

Redanne said...

I really hope that you made the crossing safely (if you did get off of course!)! Your tag is gorgeous, I love the beautiful background and the poinsettia is stunning!! Hugs, Anne xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Beautiful tag Linda,love the aged feel and that gorgeous layered poinsettia is stunning, just love it.

Squdge said...

Hope you made it over here ok. The weather is no better I'm afraid! I love all of your tags, have been ill all week so catching up today! This one is a beauty x

Nstiz said...

Love the vintage look of your tag. Your background is spectacular for your beautifully colored poinsettia. This one has a definite WOW factor!

Christine Alexander said...

Linda, so pretty, I love the vintage look. I can certainly see a CASE happening with this one. I love every element of your tag. Perfect colours and layout :)

Tee said...

Beautiful gold embossed poinsettia! Love the vintage feel of your tag too!

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love the vintage look of this with the elegant poinsettia, Linda!

Mrs.B said...

Love this vintage inspired tag Linda, an the gold embossed poinsettia looks stunning.
Avril xx