Wednesday 7 November 2018

What's this ........... twice in one day

Hello there, me again .......

How's your day been?
I've had a lovely day, cosy and warm in my craft room.  Tags are done, craft bags are packed and I've even finished off some AT Coins ready for a Christmas Swap ..... I've had a great day!

To finish it off I'm playing along with the 12 Tags of Christmas with Loll & Friends again .....


It's Day 3 today (Wednesday) ...... and here's tag number 3


Something a little bit different ..... a layered tag, and I've used vellum!!

I saw a beautiful little tag last month done by Anita from neetandcrafty.blogspot.com and I was inspired by the colours and thought the vellum layer added a pretty delicate look, so this is my take on it.

I also wanted to use this gorgeous little die that I received recently.  Thank you so much hun .... you know who you are .... mwha!


I embossed the vellum layer using the Stampin Up! Softly Falling EF and used it as the backdrop for my Christmas Trees.


I added the stitched frame over the top and covered the trees with some crystal glitter.

I did a little rubber stamping on the coloured tag to add a bit more interest.  I love that you can still see the sprigs through the vellum layer, giving a nice soft, delicate look


I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment on the bottom of the tag and added a little scalloped border to finish it off.

Well, that's me done for today ....... I think it's time for a cheeky G&T.  I've earned it! Cheers!

I will be back tomorrow though.  I'll be joining in the fun with another fab festive event ..... Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags 2018.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day/evening.

Cheerio until next time .......

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful tag, really pretty colours, Cathy x

nancy littrell said...

Simply beautiful and very creative CAS designed tag, Linda. I am loving all your tags for Loll's event. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Susan Joyce said...

Beautiful tag Linda, I love the vellum detail.

Christine Alexander said...

Wow Linda your tag is so elegant, love the colour and the velum with your die cut :)

Nstiz said...

Beautiful tag and very original, creative design. Love the muted blues and the way the vellum looks over your tag.

Loll said...

Gorgeous design Linda! Love the beautiful colours you've used here. The tag is so delicate and soft with the dry embossed vellum layer. Love the layering of your different elements that all compliment each other perfectly! Thanks again for playing along at TTTOC 2018. xx

Darnell said...

This is spectacular, Linda! So elegant and unique! Safe travels and I hope you don't get seasick!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

Tee said...

Love the creative use of the vellum and snowy trees- Beautiful tag!