Saturday 8 December 2018

On the eighth day of December .......

Happy weekend .....

I hope you've had a good week.
Things are starting to get a little crazy here with all the festive preparations.  Town was so busy yesterday ..... I was glad I went in early.
I've posted all the Christmas cards though (I'm sure there'll be someone I've forgotten).  I bought my wrapping paper (I bet I haven't got enough!).  I've also got the table presents sorted, and I've got just two more presents left to buy. I haven't been this organised, so early, for a long time!

There is a reason though ..... hubby and I are having a few days away next weekend, and I'm trying to have everything done before we go.  That way I can enjoy our time away, and not have to rush around when we get back.

It's all about the presents this weekend ..... it's time to get them all wrapped!
I love this part.  Buying them all can be a bit of a nightmare ....... have I got the right size?  Will they like the colour? ...... better get a gift receipt  but,  making all the boxes look pretty, and stacking them under the tree is so much fun.
So one of the things to do today is surround my self with rolls of pretty papers, lots of shiny ribbons and beautiful bows.  And I'd better not forget the tags!
Not sure who's going to get this jolly pair ......


I came across these two already stamped in my box of UFO's (Un-Finished Objects!)  I think they were leftover from making Christmas cards once upon a time and I thought they would make great tags.
I cut them down to size and then ran them through my Big Shot using the Softly Falling Embossing Folder from Stampin Up!


I added a touch of colour using ZIG markers .....


And a little bit of sparkle with some fine crystal glitter.


The sentiments have been stamped on the bottom using a gold ink .......


This month's challenge from Country View Crafts has a festive theme ..... it's all about Christmas, so I thought I'd play along as I think these fit the bill nicely.

We're off to the Christmas Market later, not looking for anything in particular, we'll just see what catches our eye.   Then we've got the little man staying over tonight.  I'm going to wait until he's in bed then it's time to grab the tape and scissors and wrap those presents.

Thanks for popping by ....... have a lovely weekend.

Cheerio until next time .....

3 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Linda, I love those sweet little tags. so simple and so adorable :)

nancy littrell said...

Such fun and sweet tags, Linda. I love the little bit of color and dry embossed snow. Have fun wrapping, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

rachel said...

Great tags - that embossing looks fab! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel x