Friday 7 December 2018

On the seventh day of December .......... it's the Craft Stamper Challenge

Happy Friday folks ......

How's your week been? Only two more Friday's before Christmas .... just saying!

It's the first Friday in December though, and that means there's a new Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge .... the last one of 2018!!
We've had a great year on the challenge ..... lots of fabulous entries each month,  and a whole load of amazing winners.  Take It Make It fans ....... you're a very talented bunch! Thank you all for your support.

As the festive season is just around the corner, I had to make my inspiration piece a Christmas card ...... plus I still have some more to send!


I must say, I'm really liking stamping onto coloured cardstock at the moment and I love this shade of blue from Stampin Up! ..... it's called Blueberry Bushel
I started by stamping my sentiment in the centre (from Simon Says Stamp) and heat embossing with WOW's  Platinum Embossing Powder (another current favourite!)


I then stamped the snowflakes around the edges using both sets of Tim Holtz's Swirly Snowflakes ...... the large ones (CMS319) and the Mini ones (CMS320)
First I used a navy ink for the small snowflakes, then a silver ink for the medium sized ones.  You can see I stamped over the edges of some of the snowflakes to create the look of layers.


The largest snowflake was then stamped in Versamark and heat embossed in white


A little sprinkle of Chunky White Embossing powder over the top, and heated from underneath gives the finishing touch.

And just because I don't like to waste cardstock ...... how about a quick gift tag to match!


As with all the Craft Stamper challenges we have an amazing prize for the winner this month .... I wouldn't mind getting my hands on this little lot!


And don't forget the DT will also be choosing a Design Winner too.  You could have your winning project published in the Craft Stamper magazine ...... wouldn't that be a great start to the New Year.
You have to be in it to win it though, and there's just a few things to remember .......

  • You can enter up to three projects into the challenge
  • Each one must have it's own blog post
  • Only ONE project on your blog post please ..... a set of something counts as more than one!
  • Link your post to the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge
  • And don't forget .... please include some actual rubber stamping on your project. NO DIGIs!
Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a great weekend.
Ours is definitely a festive one ....... a Christmas market tomorrow in Douglas, might just have a cheeky glass of mulled wine.  Then a trip over to see Claire, my favourite jewellery maker on the island ..... hopefully 'Santa' (aka darling hubby) will be getting me something nice and shiny!
And then on Sunday I'm getting together with all my crafty ladies and we're having a Christmas lunch out .... which reminds me, my Secret Santa needs wrapping!

Happy stamping!

Cheerio until next time ......

4 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Stunning card and tag and I love the stamping on the blue card stock too. Wonderful colour combination and love the heat embossing of that fabulous sentiment stamp. Have a great weekend and enjoy the mulled wine x

nancy littrell said...

Your stamping and heat embossing on the beautiful blue cardstock is so gorgeous and festive, Linda. Looks like you are going to have a fun Holiday weekend too. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Darnell said...

Gah, I am in love with that blue, too! It looks so fabulous with the different tones of your embossed snowflakes surrounding that swirly sediment! Simply superb card and tag, Linda! I also enjoyed seeing your festive home decorations in the previous posts! Girl, you know how to go loud and proud and I love it! Everything you do, you do with gusto!! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Mac Mable said...

I am so glad I already commented on this beautiful card as IRL it is stunning.....Thank you so very much and enjoy your time away with DH x