Thursday 6 December 2018

On the sixth day of December .......

Happy Thursday ......

This week is flying by ..... and surprisingly, I've managed to blog everyday in December so far .... whoo hoo!! 
We're only six days in I know ..... can I keep it up all month? ....... I doubt that very much.   Lets see how far I get shall we.

Today I'm playing along with this month's CAS Mix Up Challenge .....

 
and yes, I'm still making Christmas cards!

The theme this month is Emboss Resist ...... one of my favourite techniques and I've teamed it up here with Brushos


I started out by stamping the snowflakes onto white cardstock.  I used a blue ink and a silver and heat embossed both with a clear powder, so that the colours wouldn't run when I spritzed with water later


The larger snowflakes were stamped using Versamark and then heat embossed in white. 
I added the sentiment onto the bottom and heat embossed that in silver.


Now for the fun bit ....... I sprinkled Cobalt Blue and Turquoise Brushos onto the card, keeping the powder just at the top edge


I spritzed the powders with water, again just at the top edge and let the water move the colour down the card to give a sort of ombre effect. I did repeat this a couple of times until I was happy with the colour.
Because the snowflakes had been heat embossed they resisted the colour from the Brusho and the raised lines help to pool the ink and give this fabulous shaded look
I love how Brusho powders are made up of so many different colours ..... each time you use them the results are always different.  Look how the shades of lilac and purple have come out on this .... love it!!


I added a little sprinkle of Chunky White Embossing Powder, and a touch of glitter for a little festive sparkle.


Well I think I've covered everything .....
Emboss Resist ....... check!
Stamping ....... check!
And one other ...... Brushos .... .check!

That's another card I can cross off the list ..... still a few more to go.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time .....

9 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Emboss Resist technique with your stamped and heat embossed stars and sentiment. Adding your Brushos with an ombre effect made for a one of a kind beautiful Christmas card, Linda. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Christine Alexander said...

Love the mix of brushos and emboss resist. The effect of the breakdown of colour is gorgeous.

Mac Mable said...

Yes I think the Brusho's are the perfect medium to use with this wonderful technique. Love the different subtle colours and the pooling effect. Such a beautiful card Linda x

Papercraft Boutique said...

Such a great idea to heat-emboss the snowflakes in 3 colors for the emboss resist technique, Linda! Your Brusho background is gorgeous! I love how the colors spread out and blended. Thank you for sharing this beauty at CAS Mix Up!
Hideko xx

Robyn Oliver said...

A really gorgeous card Linda, stamping the snowflakes and embossing in different EP just wonderful with the lovely blue background

Loll said...

Beautiful card Linda! LOVE the Brushos with the emboss resist. They just flow all around your snowflakes and create a beautiful mix of colour while also providing almost a shadow for the snowflakes. Gotta love that! xx

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful soft watery background you created with the Brushos behind your wonderful embossed snowflakes Linda! Julia xx

Marcia Hill said...

This is one lovely, lovely card Linda!! Absolutely LOVE your background and how you made the Brusho's look like an ombre effect! And great idea to use white, silver, and blue embossing on your snowflakes...they really do pop against your incredible background! Absolutely STUNNING card Linda!! :0)

Bonnie said...

WOW! Beautiful snowflakes in all three colors and your Brusho background is gorgeous! Love how the bit of purple shows up here and there! A fabulous Christmas card, Linda! Thanks so much for sharing it with CAS Mix Up!