Tuesday 4 February 2020

CAS Stencil challenge .....

Happy Tuesday ......

It's time to get this months CAS Stencil Challenge underway.
Our Host for February is the lovely Barb ...... she wants us to use foil with our stencils.


Using foil on your stencil designs is a fun way to add a touch of sparkle and shine.   There's lots of ways to do this, either with or without a foiling machine.  A simple laminator will do the job, great when used with stencil pastes.  There's transfer gels, sticky embossing powders or simple adhesives.  Check out the links on the CAS Stencil Blog to some fab video tutorials, then give it a go ..... you'll love the effect!

I used my laminator and stencil paste for my design, with a beautiful stencil from Funky Fossil ...... this is it's first outing.

Using the stencil and the paste I added the design to the bottom of my card and left the paste to dry completely.


Once it was dry I covered the area with some pretty rainbow coloured foil, placed the card in between two sheets of copier paper, and then ran it through my laminator on a medium temperature.


Hold your breath whilst you peel back the foil (not really necessary but it always seems to work for me ....... hahaha!!) and volia! ...... you're left with a beautiful foiled design.  I love how this has turned out, and it was so easy. 

I simply added a strip of co-ordinating card along the top edge which I'd stamped and heat embossed my sentiment on ......


And I finished off with some tiny gem stones.


The challenge closes on the 24th of this month so you've lots of time to play along.
If you need more inspiration then check out the CAS Stencil Blog, the rest of the Design Team have been busy foiling away!
We also have a fabulous Guest Designer ...... Steph from My Paper Corner is joining us this month so pop by and say Hello!

Happy foiling!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time ......


Products used:
Stencils: Elegant Foliage (Funky Fossil);
Stamps: Banner Bits (Avery Elle)
Inks: Versamark Ink;
Others: Rainbow DecoFoil (iCraft);(Gold Detail Embossing Powder (WOW!); Glossy White Stencil Paste (Sweet Poppy); Gem stones

15 comments:

Viv said...

Fab card Linda - the rainbow foil looks amazing!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous CAS foil design, Linda. I loved how you used the pretty rainbow colored foil and added the strip of colored cardstock for your sentiment and added the tiny gems. TFS the close up too...Hugs..Nancy

HilaryJane said...

What an amazing stencil and used so effectively. Such amazing colour and shine, beautiful xx

Julia Aston said...

Love this Linda - both your wonderful stencil and the beautiful rainbow foil - and what a gorgeous result you achieved! A great design with the bottom panel and white top! Julia xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

WOW, my favorite from all the DT cards!

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful shimmer and love that stencil :)

Loll said...

Gorgeous! This is so beautiful and elegant, Linda! Love the rainbow foiling over this amazing stencil. Simply banner sentiment is all you needed to finish. Great work, my friend! xx

Cathy said...

Your foiling worked perfectly Linda! Love that stencil and such a gorgeous effect with the rainbow foil, beautiful CAS design, Cathy x

Mrs.B said...

This looks stunning, love the stencil you used - the rainbow foil gives a stunning effect.
Avril xx

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love that rainbow foil, Linda! And the stencil is amazing! An altogether gorgeous card, my friend!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a gorgeous card, Linda! I love the elegant foliage pattern with all the beautiful colors of your rainbow foil! You did a great job with this technique!

Kris said...

Love this card, Linda! Stunning! Thanks for sharing :)

Inkyfingers said...

This is so beautiful, Linda - makes me want to get some of that stunning rainbow foil!
Hope you are well.
Hugs
Carol x

Mac Mable said...

Wow an absolute stunner of a card. The stencil is fabulous and so are the colors of that amazing foil x.

Pat said...

I adore the rainbow coloured foil Linda and the results are stunning and love that FF stencil too. x