Thursday 6 February 2020

More new releases ....... Sweet Poppy Stencils are back!

Happy Thursday evening .......

How's your day been ......... are you ready for the weekend? 
If you're a Sweet Poppy Stencils fan then you're in for a treat.  Book your place on the sofa, or set your box to record, because Lucy is back on our TV screens ..... yeah! 
New stencil designs, new Sweet Poppy foils (oooh!) and lots of tips and techniques.

Saturday 8th February ...... 8am and 12 noon
Hochanda ..... Sky channel 673  Freeview 85  Freesat 817

Here's a peek at some of the new stencil designs, and a look at what's come out of my craft room this week.


Fancy a closer look? ....... oh go on then!


I think this little guy is my favourite ...... I love hares!  And he's so easy to use. 


I created my backdrop for him first ....... I simply drew around the outside of the stencil with a pencil, just to give me an idea where I needed to apply the colours.  I then used Distress Oxides and a bit of masking to create the scene.
Once I was happy with it I placed the stencil over the top and used black ink to add the design


A touch of crystal glitter to some of the foliage .....


And I finished off with a sentiment on the bottom .....


Can you spot the touch of foil on the word Love ....... I used a sticky embossing powder, heated it and then laid the foil on the top ...... simple!


I know I keep saying this but .......you don't always have to use the whole of the stencil design.  Another great thing about stencils is you can turn them over ..... see how the hare is facing the other way


This little guy looks great on his own, and I thought he was perfect for one of the Sweet Poppy sentiments


I used Oxide Ink through the stencil ....... and then fussy cut around the hare.  How cute is he!


Another gorgeous new circle design is the Fairy Circle 


These designs are the perfect size to fill the whole of a card ..... all you need is a pretty background.
This was in my leftovers box, already coloured (with Distress Oxides I think)  I just added a little bit more interest with some stamping, using one of the Lavinia script stamps and an ink that was a similar shade to the background


Black ink again through the stencil, and a touch of sparkle with some crystal glitter


No sentiment this time, but I did add a few dots of Nuvo Drops around the edge


Well that's two of the new stencil designs that will be on the show, hope you like them. 
I do have two more which I'll share tomorrow.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time .....


Products used:
Stencils: Hare Circle, Fairy Circle (Sweet Poppy Stencils);
Stamps: A6 stamp sets - Family and Life is a Journey - for the sentiments (Sweet Poppy); Sacred Spells (Lavinia script stamp)
Inks: Distress Oxide Inks - Scattered Straw, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Evergreen Bough; Hickory Smoke; Versafine Clair ink - Nocturne; Versamark ink;  Delicata Gold and Silver inks for the splatters
Fairy card ...... I think the colours are Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Worn Lipstick and I stamped with Versafine Clair - Summertime
Others: Sticky Embossing Powder (Ranger), Turquoise Metallic Foil (Sweet Poppy); Crystalina Glitter (Sweet Poppy); Nuvo Drops

2 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

OMG so many cool stencils, I neeeeeeed them :)

Redanne said...

I did see the shows, Lucy is such an inspiration and your samples, as always are just the tops! I love the hare too, he is adorable. Hugs, Anne xx