Thursday 24 November 2022

The final Simply Sweet Poppy Facebook Challenge ..........

Happy Thursday ..........

I hope you're all well. It's very wet and blowing a hoolie here, not the weather we wanted for the Christmas Lights switch on in Douglas this evening.  Think we'll give it a miss if it stays like this, and I might just switch on my own Christmas lights and decorate another tree ....... a bit early I know but there's already one up in the hall!! 

If you're a fan of the Simply Sweet Poppy Stencils Facebook Challenge then time is running out to get your entry in for this, the final challenge .......... The Magic of Christmas!.  

As always, there's a £40 voucher for the winner to spend on the Sweet Poppy website.  Just follow the simple rules .........  use only Sweet Poppy stencils, keep any stamping to a minimum, and stick to the challenge theme ...... easy!

So, what makes Christmas magic for you?  

It's got to be family and friends for me, and I love all the trees and decorations .........


For this card, I used the Sweet Poppy Snowflake Tree (at least I think that's what its called ...... I can't find it on the website so unfortunately I think it may have been retired, which is a shame as it's a lovely tree.  There are other gorgeous designs on there that you could use instead)

I used Pearlescent White Stencil Medium onto black cardstock, sitting the stencil off the edge of my card


Once the paste was dry, I used a blue Stardust gel pen to add colour to the ribbon.
I also used a glue pen to add glitter to the snowflakes ...... looks so pretty and sparkly in real life.


I finished off with white paint splatters on the background and a simple heat embossed sentiment


Next up, baubles!  You can never have enough baubles on your tree!


I'm so sorry but, I think this stencil is also retired, or it may just be out of stock, because I couldn't see this on the website either ........ maybe I should check the website first, before I make my cards!!!!!

Anyway ...... I used the paste again, this time when it was dry I added some rainbow coloured foil over the stenciled design, and then ran it through my laminator


I added some crytal glitter to give sparkly highlights (and also disguise where the foil hadn't quite covered completely!) 


And I finished off with some white paint spatters and a festive sentiment 


The challenge is open until the 29th of the month so there's only a few days left to get those entries in.

Happy stenciling!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
We might have another tree up this evening, we'll see how things go today.
I've got my crafty bunch coming at the weekend and the deal was, I had to have a tree up as it's probably our last crafty get together before Christmas.

Well ....... I did it.  There is a tree up, only took me five and a half hours!    


It still needs a few more baubles on it though.  I'm sure it grows every year!!!  I'll have to see what I can do before weekend!

Cheerio until next time .......

3 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Love how you have given these cards extra sparkle which looks amazing against the black background. Your tree looks very special too. It doesn't look like there could possibly room for any more baubles xx

Loll said...

Your cards are amazing, Linda. I LOVE the pearlescent paste on black base. It's just beautiful, especially with the added blue to the ribbon. Your foiled baubles are also so special. I LOVE the rainbow of foiled colours on black. Two outstanding card design, my friend. Your Christmas tree is perfection. Your crafty friends are going to love it. xx

Bonnie said...

The sparkly white snowflakes make such a pretty tree, Linda, but that blue ribbon steals the show! Love the multicolor baubles done with the foil that makes them shine! Your tree looks beautiful!