Friday 13 October 2023

Coral and Blue for the Color Hues Challenge .......

Happy Friday the 13th .........

The weekend is almost here ... yeah!!  Not that we've anything planned, it's very quiet around here at the moment.

today I'm playing along with another Blog Challenge, on the last minute again! (I think it closes today so I'd better get a move on) 

It's the Color Hues Challenge, and it's a colour combination that I don't use very often but, I must admit I quite like it


What do you think? ......


I used Distress Oxide Inks ...... Prize Ribbon (blue) and Abandoned Coral,


The stamps I used are Background Blocks Layered Modern Floral from Uniko ....... a really cute little two step stamping set, that looks great whatever colours you use.

I used a piece of low tack masking tape across the bottom of the card to give me the diagonal edge while I stamped the flowers and leaves. 


I did attach a thin strip of blue card along the edge though, just to give it a more finished look.

I used the blue Distress Oxide to colour the die cut 'happy' and stamped the rest of my sentiment underneath with the coral oxide ...... I do like this colour combo.

Whilst I was in the craft room, I noticed that the pretty Darcy Bouquet Embossing Folder from Simon Says Stamp was still out on my desk.  Hmmm ..... I wonder what that would look like if I used blue cardstock for the background, and tried out the matching dies with some coral card .....


Not bad!
The detail on this embossing folder is gorgeous, and the dies were easy enough to use.
I slightly off set a  couple of the die cut flower heads to add a bit more depth, and then attached my sentiment banner over the top.


Pretty navy pearls finish everything off nicely!


Thanks for popping by, I've enjoyed my time in the craft room this week.  Lets hope it continues.

Have a lovely weekend.
I think on Sunday it's just 10 weeks to Christmas ..... eeek!!  I think I might have to start on some more Christmas cards next week.

Cheerio until next time ......

7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Both cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Linda and so glad you made it in time to play along with us! You used the challenge colors perfectly on both cards...so perfectly in fact that you just enabled me to go shopping for the embossing folder on the 2nd card! Haha! You didn't have to twist my arm too much...that folder is just GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for sharing both these beauties with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge!! Hugs. Marcia (DT)

Karen said...

Marcia is right on--both of your cards are lovely. The design you've chosen for the first card is perfect for the beautifully stamped flowers and leaves. And that embossing folder on the second card is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Cindy Beach said...

Thanks so much for making these colors shine, Linda! I'm so glad that you decided to join us at Color Hues! Both cards are gorgeous! The EF is elegant but I'm favoring the flowers - so happy and bright!

Nancy said...

Linda, I am so happy to see you in the gallery at Color Hues. You did a wonderful job with our colors and it appears that I am not the only one enamored by that embossing folder. Both cards are lovely!

Trina P. said...

Wonderful twofers using these colour duos. That EF is beautiful… I need to check out SSS EFs.

Jeanne H said...

I too think both of your cards are just wonderful!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

2 gorgeous cards. Your embossing on blue card, drew my eye. It's simply stunning! xxx