Wednesday 11 October 2023

Simply less is More .........

Happy Wednesday ........

What's this, blogging two days in a row! What can I say, I'm really enjoying playing along with some blog challenges again.

Todays challenge is ..... Simply Less is More.  
This was the first ever blog challenge that I played along with all those years ago, when Life in the Craft Lane was started.

I've always loved the LIM (Less Is More) approach,  CAS (Clean and Simple) cards, lots of white space, minimal layers and minimal embellishments.  They're not always the easiest cards to make, but lots of fun to do.

The current challenge - #493, has a Theme to follow ....... and not forgetting to keep things CAS


So, I've made a start on my Christmas cards, with some cute little carol singing mice from an old Penny Black clear stamp set ......... Holly Day Critters


How cute are these guys!

I simply stamped the image onto white cardstock using Black Versafine Clair ink (Nocturne), and then loosely coloured it using Distress Inks and a water brush, building up the depth of colour slowly


I added a little touch of sky to the background, some glittery snow underfoot, and stamped my Christmas sentiment underneath ..... very quick and easy, and all one layer!!

I finished it all off with a few dots of white gel pen to give the look of falling snow.


Well, that's one for the festive box!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time.

2 comments:

Loll said...

So adorable. LOVE how you've coloured those sweet critters and especially the sky that you've added. Oh, and the glitter under foot! :) Great CAS card Linda. xx

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Linda! These little guys look like they're singing their hearts out!