Saturday 21 October 2023

Hot Pink and Lime for Seize the Birthday ........

Yeah! it's the weekend. Happy Saturday .......

I hope you've had a good week.  Only nine more to go until Christmas ...... just saying!

We've actually started thinking about the festive season a little more this week.  
On Wednesday, the local garden centre launched their Christmas displays.  Well you know me, I love looking at Christmas decorations so, I had to pop in and check out the pretty colours for this year, and see what was new.  After all, there's always room for one more bauble on the tree! Or nine as it turned out!  You see I very, very rarely buy just one, it has to be at least three matching ones.  Then I have to finish with an uneven number in my basket so, nine it was! Like I said, you can never have too many baubles!

Then, on Thursday we went to the Christmas Wine Tasting event at our favourite little place in Douglas.
We had a lovely evening (I think!).  Many, many nice wines and bubbly were tasted, so that's one thing off the list ......... the drinks for Christmas dinner are sorted! 

Anyhow, enough of all that.  You'll be pleased to know that I have also spent time in the craft room again this week.  I'm enjoying getting back into the swing of things, albeit slowly!

I'm playing along with some Blog Challenges again.  First up is Seize the Birthday  
I got a lovely surprise when my card was chosen as the Winner in the last challenge  (I was so pleased that there just may have been a little happy dance in the craft room!)

It's their usual 'Anything Goes' Birthday challenge, and this time the Toppings option is a Colour Challenge.  Hot Pink and Lime ........ nice!


My first thought was flowers.  So, I did a quick rummage through my die cuts and this is what I came up with ......


Tim Holtz Wildflower Stems #1 Thinlits dies, cut from white cardstock, which I coloured using inks directly from the ink pad onto the die cut.  Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide for the flower head


and Twisted Citron oxide for one of the leaf stems and Verdant Versafine Clair for the rest ..... love the combination!

I added some detail onto the background using a stencil and the pink and green Oxide inks again, applied very lightly with a stencil brush this time, to give just a touch of colour.


I then attached the flower and stems over the top and finished off with a stamped sentiment, a few hot pink and lime enamel dots here and there, and a cute little twine bow


I'm always a bit of a pink girl, so I loved how it turned out

The challenge is open until Tues 24th Oct so there's still time if you fancy playing along.

Thanks for popping by ..... have a lovely weekend.
We've got nothing planned this weekend so, I think it's just going to be a quiet one at home.

Cheerio until next time ......


5 comments:

Cathy said...

Gorgeous CAS card Linda, the stencilling behind the flowers gives such a pretty effect and I love how you've used the pink and lime. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Nancy said...

Such a pretty card, Linda! I especially like that you also incorporated both colors in your stenciled background and gems! The twine bow was a nice touch! Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday and glad we took part in your happy dance!

Bonnie said...

Love this sweet bouquet, Linda! The stenciling makes a perfect background! Congratulations on your well deserved win!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful CAS card. Love your pretty flower and the stenciled background. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Loll said...

Beautiful card Linda! LOVE the gorgeous bloom and stems ... amazing over top of your stenciled background. Gorgeous way to use the challenge colours! xx