Tuesday 24 October 2023

Two-fer Tuesday .........

Happy Tuesday ........

I do hope your week has got off to a great start.  
It's school half-term here this week so we've got Alex at home ........ life with a 13 year old, ohhhh I remember it well!!!

I've got a two-fer for you today ....... two cards, and two challenges. 

First up ....... Simply Less is More
It's the dreaded One Layer Card challenge (always fun to do), and the theme is Hello Sunshine
(I remember what that is I think!)





I started by stenciling the sunshine (Julie Hickey Designs) on the top corner of a piece of white cardstock, blending shades of yellow Distress Oxide ink from the centre of the sun outwards.


Next, I stamped the flip-flops (Newton's Nook) ...... stamped the right one first and made a mask to cover it, then stamped the left overlapping it just a little bit.
Coloured them using ZIG Clean Colour Brush Markers.


I finished off  the card with a heat embossed sentiment. That's the One Layer done!

Next up is the Color Hues Challenge
For this challenge the colour combination is ....... Yellow & Kraft


The yellow part was still out on my desk ....... the Distress Oxide inks, and the Kraft bit was easy, always happy to add in a little kraft card


I smooshed a little Distress ink onto a piece of white cardstock using a piece of acetate to create a background.


Next, I used the Etched Layered Daisy Stem die from Simon Says stamp, cutting the flower heads from white cardstock, and the stem from Kraft.

I used two shades of yellow Distress Oxide Ink (Scattered Straw and Squeezed Lemonade) direct from the ink pad to colour the daisy heads and layered them together.


I attached the stems onto the card, added the pretty layered daisy heads, and finished off with a few splatters of Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink (hope this can be classed as a shade of Kraft), and a tiny tag for my sentiment


Both challenges are open for another few days if you fancy playing along.

Thanks for popping by, enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time ......

4 comments:

Hannelie said...

Oh Linda how stunning is this! I love those delicate flowers ♥
Thanks you so much for playing along at Color Hues and making my chosen colors shine!

Julie B said...

Two fab cards Linda. OL cards are always tricky, takes time to plan but yours looks great and your take on the Color Hues colours is equally stunning. I don't think the CH police will object to a little splash of Brushed Corduroy, kraft is always a tricky colour to define even card stock!
HT here too, our 13yr old was here at the weekend but he ensconced himself in his bedroom and only came out to be fed!! :)

Karen said...

Lovely card! The smooshed ink background is just perfect and I love the CAS design. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues,

Nancy said...

Two really great cards, Linda! I must say those polka-dotted flip-flops are as darling as can be. As for your Daisy card...I love that you carried the color to the background as well. Great job and glad to see you in the gallery at Color Hues.