Thursday 26 October 2023

Surprise Party Guest at the Seize the Birthday ........

Happy Thursday! .......

It's challenge time again!

I was so pleased when I recently had my card chosen as Challenge Winner over at Seize The Birthday, and now I'm absolutely thrilled to be a Surprise Party Guest for their latest challenge.


As always the theme is Anything Goes - Birthday and for Challenge #272 the optional 'topping' is ......
Add a Sky



The brand new Tweet Life stamp and stencil sets from Concord & 9th just happened to arrive in the craft room this week ..... great timing or what!

I just had to give these little guys a try ..... how cute are they!?


I used Distress Inks and one of the stencils to create the bodies of the birds ....... Peacock Feathers, Spiced Marmalade and Twisted Citron


and then a second stencil and Distress Oxide Inks this time, to add the wings ....... Evergreen Bough, Crackling Campfire and Cracked Pistachio

All the finishing details came from the co-ordinating stamp set ........ simply stamped onto the birds with a black Versafine Clair ink ........ how easy is that! The stamps line up perfectly with the stencils.


It's a fabulous little collection, 5 stencils to create 11 different bird shapes, nine small ones like those above, and two larger birds, and the matching stamps include all the little details to bring your birds to life, along with a whole host of sentiments.

To add the sky I used a cloud stencil from MFT and Salty Ocean Distress ink onto a separate piece of white card


I stamped a simple sentiment underneath the birds,  fussy cut around the top edge of them,  and used foam pads to attach them over the top of the sky.


To finish off  I added some enamel dots here and there in matching colours.

Thank you again to Seize the Birthday for inviting me to be a Surprise Guest, it's been an absolute pleasure!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day.

As its the first time I've used these fun stamps and stencils, I'm linking my card up to the NBUS Challenge #55


This may be the first time I've used them but, I can guarantee it won't be the last ...... I love them!!

Cheerio until next time ........


11 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot. Your sky is wonderful. The perfect backdrop for those birds xx

Loll said...

Congrats on being GD at Seize the Birthday, Linda!! This is so adorable. What a fun, happy card. Great work, my friend! Love, Loll

Nancy said...

Linda, Once again I want to tell you how darling your little birds are, and thanks for being with us for this challenge as our Surprise Party Guest. We are so happy to have you! Have a great week ahead!

Linda said...

Linda, this is such a sweet little card with your birds and your beautiful sky. Thanks for being our Surprise Party Guest.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such cute birds with that awesome cloud background! Thanks for being our Guestie too :)

Ashwini Rao said...

I love how you've incorporated the sky in your card. The birds look fabulous and I also love the partial die cutting. It's a tweet tweet card!! Thank you so much for this cute card!

Cathy said...

Those little birds are so cute, sounds like a great stencil and die set! Love how you've added the sky behind them too, thankyou for guesting with us, Cathy x

shirley-bee said...

OMG! I need that set! I was too slow off the mark when it was first released so I’ve got to wait for restocks. Thanks for being our guest designer with your fab card for the sky challenge.

JulieP said...

I've been admiring these birds online. I love the way you cut them out. So very creative.

JoAnn said...

Cute birds with that great sky background. Glad to have you as a Party Guest at STB.

Glenda J said...

I love your bright and cheerful birds - they are so great! Perfect things to go with your perfect sky. So happy to have you joining us.