Sunday 12 November 2023

Pastel colours for Christmas .......

Happy Sunday .........

How is everyone?  I hope you're all enjoying your weekend.  The weather here is not very nice at all today but, it is November so I suppose its to be expected.
Speaking of November, I can't believe that we're heading for the middle of the month already ........ how did that happen!!!?  Christmas is only six weeks away (eeek!!) and all I've done so far is order the turkey, the wine.  I do have lots of lists though, and we are off to the Christmas markets soon so I'm sure that we'll be full of the festive spirit by then. 

I've also made a start on my Christmas cards ..... finally!  Last weekend was one of our crafty get togethers so it was the perfect opportunity.  More about those later.

Today, I'm playing along with the Color Hues Challenge


As you can see, the colours for this challenge are Light Blue & Purple ..... such a pretty combo.  And as I'm now in Christmas card mode then it had to be festive


I blended the blue and purple inks around the edges of my card ....... Tumbled Glass and Villainous Potion Distress Oxides, then splattered water over the top and let it sit for a few seconds, before mopping up the excess with a paper towel.


An old and simple technique that I never get tired of using!

I then stamped and heat embossed my sentiment across the centre of the card ...... Merry embossed in WOW's Gold Sparkle Embossing Powder


and then the extra words simply stamped using Versafine Clair Monarch (purple) ink

I stamped a few tiny accents around the sentiment using the Blue Oxide Ink, and finished off with dots of fine crystal glitter here and there for a little added sparkle.


I love large word stamps and this set was from Simon Says Stamp, last year I think.  It's called Holiday Sparkle Greetings ...... 4 large words (perfect for DL cards), along with lots of cute little accent stamps to create backgrounds and add sparkle. I believe there's also a matching set of dies which I don't have, maybe I'll have to  change that at some point!

As it's the first time this stamp set has been used (shame on me!), I'm also linking up to the NBUS Challenge


Thanks for popping by, enjoy the rest of your weekend.
I'm off now to decorate a Christmas tree ........ too early??   
We're away in a little over a weeks time, and we don't get home until December 5th, so I don't really want to leave them until then.
So, everywhere's been cleaned, furniture moved, and then last night all the decorations came out (the house looks like the day we moved in, there's boxes everywhere!) 
The first tree is up, the lights are on, and the angel is on the top.  Time to get those baubles out!


'Alexa, get the Christmas music on'

Cheerio until next time, 


7 comments:

Darnell said...

Pretty smart to get your tree up now before you take off, Linda. Now it will be all done and festive when you get back home! Enjoy wherever you're going and I'm glad those horrid storms have moved on. Speaking of festive, your card is a poster for Christmas! The schparkle is fabulous! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Karen said...

Your ink blending is fabulous! I love the way you used the paper towel for such a wonderful look. The gold embossed sentiment and crystal glitter make for a very festive card! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Christmas card and Stunning Christmas tree. I see that the Christmas bug had bitten you, my friend..Love and Hugs...Can't wait to see more of your decor and cards:-)

Kath said...

A fabulous card - beautiful colours and blending too.
Kath x

Julie B said...

A great use of my colours Linda, it might be in subtle colours but when all added together it packs a punch! Finally we have the sun out and it was positively calm this morning as we walked the dogs. Enjoy your trip and the tree will be there to give you all a festive welcome home! Thanks for sharing at Color Hues too. :)

Loll said...

Beautiful card with lots of sparkle for the holidays. Great idea to one tree up and decorated before heading off on a short vacay. Enjoy your time away, Linda! xx

Nancy said...

Linda, Your ink blending and water resist splattered background looks fabulous! I can only imagine how pretty this is in real life. Have a great trip and thanks for playing at Color Hues.