Thursday 16 November 2023

Simply Less is More Challenge ........

Happy Thursday! .......

We're fast approaching the weekend again, and we've got a busy few days coming up.

I have been back in the craft room, I'm trying to get some more Christmas cards done before we go off on our adventure in the motorhome next week.  It's proving to be a rather slow process but, I think I'm getting there, with a little help from Blog Challenges  and Pnterest!

One such Blog challenge is ....... Simply Less is More
Their latest challenge is ........ Anything Goes (keeping it CAS of course)

Now I do love a CAS design, they're great when you're batch making for Christmas.


I used a brand new stamp set (the only Christmas one I've bought this year, so far!).  It's called Mod & Merry and it's from MFT (My Favourite Things). It's a lovely set with lots of stamps, floral designs, pine branches, stars and snowflakes but, what sold it for me were these cute little baubles.


I stamped them using Distress Oxide inks ...... Kitsch Flamingo, Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar.  I did use my MISTI, and stamped each one a few times to make sure I got full ink coverage.

I then added a few ink splatters to the background, a touch of glitter to highlight the baubles and finished off with a few dots of white Enamel Accents and a simple sentiment.



I do have a confession to make ...... this card was actually made for the last LIM challenge (the Colour challenge .... use Blue, Pink and White) but, I was too slow and missed the deadline ..... ooops!
When I saw the new challenge theme was Anything Goes ..... I though bingo!  I hope this still fits the bill.   At least I'm in time for this one!

I've also finished decorating the first of our Christmas trees.   Well, when I say 'finished', it's done for now.  All the baubles are on but, there's definitely room for more.


Maybe a little something from the Christmas markets next week will find its way home with me.

We're off out this evening.   It's Beaujolais Nouveau Day! THE international event in the month of November .... apparently! 
 
Every year, on the 3rd Thursday in November the new Beaujolais Nouveau is released.  
I'm quite partial to a nice glass of Beaujolais, and as it doesn't stay around too long I don't want to miss out.  So, we're off to Wine Down this evening to try this years release ..... you never know, we may just bring a bottle or two home with us if it's nice ....... Cheers! or should I say Sante!


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day

Cheerio until next time .......



4 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful CAS design that looks amazing in these soft colours, Linda. LOVE your Christmas tree. Enjoy tonight ... make sure you get at least a few bottles to bring home with you. :) xx

Kathyk said...

Such a pretty card and unusual in your choice of pastel colours too

Love the tree BTW

Kathyk

Tammy said...

Beautiful card. Love the soft colors and the layout! Thanks for sharing with us at LIM!!

Lynne said...

What a happy accident not having to waste this design, it's gorgeous. Your tree looks fab too.
Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More.