Wednesday 22 November 2023

Red and gold for Color Hues ......

Happy Wednesday .........

I hope you're enjoying your week.
We should have been going across to the UK today, starting our trip around some lovely Christmas Markets but, this cold I've got had other plans ........ yes, I'm still sneezing for England!  So, we've decided to cancel the trip (sigh!)

Hubby started with the same thing over the weekend and we've both been really bad ..... this thing is brutal!  I am starting to feel a little better today but hubby is about 24hours behind me so he's still quite bad.  We thought that perhaps it wasn't the best idea to set off in the van, so, we moved the ferry to early next year (we still haven't been on the new boat yet!!!) and cancelled all the campsite bookings.  We're disappointed but, it was the right decision.  There's always next year! 

So, today I'm playing along with the latest Color Hues Challenge.


Challenge #76 is all about Red and Metallic Gold ...... one of my favourite colour combinations, especially for Christmas cards (yes, I'm still making mine)


I used the pretty stamp set ....... Slimline Poinsettias from the Big & Bold range by the Colarado Craft Company.  
I stamped one of the images onto red cardstock and heat embossed with WOW's Metallic Gold Embossing Powder
  

I added a few gold ink splatters around the edges ......


and finished off with a sentiment and a little gold thread tied around the bottom ..... very festive!


Another one for the Christmas box!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day.
Lauren is currently putting up her Christmas tree so the dining room is beginning to look festive (sorry if it's still too early for some you!) 
And of course because we haven't gone away, maybe by the end of this week I'll have the tree in the lounge done.

Cheerio until next time ........


5 comments:

Karen said...

Those gorgeous poinsettias are gorgeous embossed in gold! The gold splatters add just the right amount of interest! It's a beautiful sentiment as well. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

I am so sorry you and hubby have been sick and had to postpone your trip, I certainly hope things improve soon. This is a pretty Holiday card and so happy you chose to join us at Color Hues.

Loll said...

Beautiful card Linda. LOVE this amazing poinsettias image ... beautiful in gold on red. The splatters and thin gold thread are perfect finishing touches for your design! Take care, sweet friend. Hope you and your hubby are feeling better soon! xx

Sue - said...

Red and gold is always perfect for Christmas and your card is a perfect example. Hope you feel better soon.

JulieP said...

Let me start by saying how much I adore the title of your blog!!!! Love it! Your card is fantastic. I love that you only used the two colors...sans neutrals. Very striking. Thanks so much for playing with my colors at Color Hues! - Jules