Thursday 30 November 2023

Simply Less is More ........

Happy Thursday ........

Well, here we are on the last day of November. Just a little over three weeks until Christmas ..... Ho! Ho! Ho!
 
We would have been heading for the Cotswolds today if our little festive trip had gone according to plan, and we might have even had some snow on our travels.  I believe there's a little bit of it about in the UK at the moment.  Thankfully there's none here (yet!).  The sun is shining but it is very cold!❄
We did make the right decision to cancel the trip though.  This flippin' cold bug has been brutal, and it's still hanging on.  We are slowly beginning to feel a little better though, so it's not all bad!

Today I'm playing along with the Simply Less is More Blog challenge ..... it's the last one for 2023!


The theme is 'D' is for ..... Deck The Halls (since we didn't go away, there's been quite a bit of that here recently!)


Very clean and simple (CAS), and really quick and easy once all the die cutting had been done.

I got the idea from Spellbinders, and the lovely Yana Smakula's blog.  At the time, I didn't have the actual die that she used but, I did have the Spellbinders Be Bold Alphabet die set which is the same font, just a little bit smaller.

I die cut all the letters from festive coloured cardstock and glitter foam sheets (Spellbinders) and then mixed and matched them to create my tree shape


A die cut star on the top, a simple stamped sentiment underneath, and a few gold ink splatters give the finishing touches.


Decorating for Christmas always starts with the tree/trees in our house.  The first one went up a few weeks ago .......... I know, it was a little early but, we were supposed to be going away and I didn't want it all to do when we got back!


I love it when these come out of the box! .......


 And because we didn't go away, I had a date with Mr Buble, and this happened over the weekend ........



It took ages to get finished but ......... it's done!


I think I'd better get writing some of those Christmas cards now.

Thanks for popping by, enjoy the rest of your day.
Stay cosy and warm.

Cheerio until next time ....... 

5 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

Awesome trees and card Linda. I have young cats so not for me but I love yours

Loll said...

Love your CAS Merry and Bright card. What a cute idea and I love the different colours for the letters ... some with glitter. Very fun card Linda! Good to hear you are starting to feel better. Your trees are also so amazing and what a joy to see, thanks for sharing. Take care. Love, Loll

nancy littrell said...

Simply beautiful, clever and festive CAS Christmas card, Linda. I love the added glittery and gold letters and star on your card and splatters:-) TFS the Gorgeous photos of your beautiful festive Christmas trees too. I bet there is a story behind each and every ornament:-)
TFS and so happy you arefinally getting over your colds. We were supposed to go on a 1 month get away in OCT and had to stay home recovering from the flu..1st me and then Denny...But a plus for us too..a lot of Fall cleanup inside and out at home:-) Now I am enjoying getting all my cards mailed out earlier than normal:-)

Happy Holidays, dear friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Ankie vd Polder said...

What a wonderful card. Have a nice day, Ankie

Laurie Unger said...

This is so creative and festive - perfect for our challenge.
Thanks for playing with us over at LIM. Feel better soon!