Friday 1 December 2023

It's the 1st of December!!!! .......

Happy Friday .....

And welcome to December.  Let the countdown begin!

I've written, and posted my first lot of Christmas cards.  The first door on the advent calendar is open .... well it's Alex's advent calendar really but, we all got a little bit giddy this morning!  And one of the tasks for this afternoon is to hang a festive wreath on the front door.  I love this time of year ..... can you tell!

I've got another Christmas card for you today, and guess what? It's another tree ........ there's definitely a theme going on with my cards this year.


This was done using a cute little die from Simon Says Stamp called Corbel Tree CollageNot sure how long it's been in my die folder but I think this is the first time I've used it to make a card ....... isn't it pretty!

I used to the die to cut the design into a piece of white cardstock, then cut it again from green and red glitter foam from Spellbinders (I'm loving this stuff, and the good thing is the glitter doesn't shed)
I then inlaid the glitter pieces into the white card.  It was a little bit fiddly but I just took my time.  I love how it's given a raised effect, very touchy feely.  And just look at that sparkle!


A festive sentiment stamped underneath, and of course I had to splatter a little bit of gold ink here and there!


As it's the first time I've used this pretty little die I'm linking up to December's NBUS Challenge


Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day.
It's time for a coffee I think,  now where did I put the Christmas mugs?

Cheerio until next time .....

2 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful tree!! I love the green and red glitter for this fabulous die. I going to have to CASE your card, Linda!! xx

Darnell said...

Well, would you look at that impressive schparkly tree! That's just the kind of fiddly I love to do, Linda, and I appreciate the reminder that I have a whole box of that glittery foam somewhere! Enjoy this fun season with Alex and keep the trees and schparkle coming! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Holiday Mug Hugs! Darnell