Monday, 17 August 2026

More Stenciling for CAS Mix Up ........

Happy Monday ........

I hope you had a lovely weekend.  We had family and friends round for a BBQ which was nice, and hubby did all the cooking, well most of it, which was even better!

I've got a little reminder for this month's CAS Mix Up Challenge for you today.  There's still 2 weeks left to get your entries in if you want to play along.

It's a Stencil challenge this month, and the added prompt is ........ Stenciling over Patterned Paper 


Patterned paper is not something that I use a lot of really, but this challenge has been fun.
I've rummaged through my bits boxes and found a few paper pieces and here are the results.

First up ...... a touch of pink


The paper is from the Mixed Media Compendium Paper Pad from Funky Fossil.  I love all the different shades of pink, and the grungy look with the little touches of blue on there.


I've used an old Sweet Poppy stencil over the top. I think it was called Cornflowers, but I couldn't find it on the website so I assume its been retired ..... sorry!

I used black Versafine Clair ink and applied it through the stencil using a sponge, building up the depth of colour gradually.

I added my sentiment using a die cut, coloured blue to bring out the blue already in the paper, and then heat embossed the word friend underneath.


To finish off the card I added a doodled frame around the edge using a black fine liner pen.

Next up, another piece of patterend paper from the same paper pad, just a different colour.  This has more of an Autumnal feel I think


Another Sweet Poppy Stencil used over the top (one of my all time favourites this one) ..... Wildflowers
(this must be retired too as it's not on the website)

I used Distress Oxide Inks this time, a mix of Unchartered Mariner and Villianous Potion.  I used a sponge to apply the inks again, and built up the depth of colour gradually.  
Applying the ink gradually means that you get a cleaner image, not as much risk of the ink bleeding under the stencil.  Takes a bit more time but, I think its worth it.


The sentiment was simply stamped in black and then die cut.


One type of paper I do like to use is book pages, I love text.  And, it makes a great background for stenciling over.
If you do use book pages, just be careful.  Give it a quick glance over first, to make sure there's nothing 'naughty' on there!
In fact, JOFY gave a great tip during one of her recent workshops ........ she likes to use foreign language books, they're not as easy to read, which I thought was a great idea.  Guess what I'm looking for next!!
Not sure where this page came from, but I think it's ok .......


This is a real CAS card.  A circle cut from an old book page, pretty flowers stenciled over the top, then I attached it onto a larger die cut circle (black card), and added a white die cut frame over the top.


A simple sentiment stamped underneath to finish it off.  I used my MISTI for the sentiment and shaped it to follow the edge of the circle.

If you are playing along with this months challenge, please remember to follow the simple guidelines, and keep your cards CAS (Clean and Simple).


Thanks for popping by, enjoy the rest of your week.
It's going to be a quiet one here, well as quiet as it can be.  The Manx Grand Prix started yesterday so it's motorbikes again.  The weather's not playing nice though.  We had rain yesterday (Sunday), so the racing had to be called off ....... not good!

Cheerio until next time .......



Products used

Card 1
Inks ...... Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Versamark Embossing ink, Tumbled Glass DOX (for the die cut)
Stencils ....... Cornflowers - Sweet Poppy (retired I think)
Others ...... Patterned paper; WOW Gold Superfine Embossing Powder, Small 'hello' cutting die, Black Fine Liner pen

Card 2
Inks ...... DOX Unchartered Mariner; Villianous Potion, Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Stencils ....... Sweet Poppy - Wildflowers
Stamps ....... Opposites Attract stamps and matching dies;
Others ...... Patterned paper; 

Card 3
Inks ....... DOX  - Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Rustic Wilderness; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Stencil .......  Imagination Crafts - Butterflyy & Daisy
Other ..... Old Book page; Circle Dies; Stitched Circle Frame Die; Sentiment from my stash

No comments: