Monday 31 December 2018

A look back at 2018 ..... part 2

Happy New Year's Eve .......

Well here it is ...... my last post of 2018.  What a year it's been!
Before the celebrations start and Big Ben rings in the New Year, lets take a little look back at the second half of 2018.  
Grab yourself a cuppa, get comfy and lets take a look at July through to December.
(Click on the links to take you back to the original posts)

JULY ....... we had birthday's and anniversaries (hubby and I made it 30 years!), and there were lots of evenings like this, as the lovely weather continued .....



The craft room was as busy as always ...... my Uniko inspiration blog post 


I had fun playing along with Darnell's Twofer Challenge ..... is that a Christmas card I see there!



and there was also a little bit of Mixed Media, using Rice Papers, for the Craft Stamper challenge ......



In to AUGUST we go ....
Hubby's parents came over to visit for a few days which was lovely.   We had the Manx Grand Prix, and hubby went to Australia on a business trip, for 3 weeks!!
I was kept busy while he was away though ......

A new release from Uniko ......



as well TV shows from Sweet Poppy Stencils


There were Blog Challenges ...... including playing along with Darnell's Twofer again .....


And birthday cards to make for Alex's school friends .....


 SEPTEMBER ..... always a special month as it's the little man's birthday. 



There was also the Isle of Man Food Festival .... one of my favourite events of the year!!


And craft wise, there was Blog Challenges, magazine articles, DT inspiration and even a blog hop.
I think I was also getting in the mood for Autumn too, with the Uniko Challenge.  I love the colours in this .....


I also managed to play along with a few of my favourite challenges ...... CAS Watercolour


and the CAS Christmas card challenge ..... well I needed to make a start on my festive cards at some point!



OCTOBER ........ Christmas was in full swing with a new release of festive designs from Uniko
Here are just a few of my favourites .....





Some beautiful new designs from Sweet Poppy Stencils 



I was also featured in  Making Cards Magazine ....... one of the cover girls no less, with one of my Sweet Poppy designs



We're almost at the end of the year .... we're up to NOVEMBER
With Halloween out of the way, and Bonfire night, it's full steam ahead to Christmas. 
We had a little trip over to the UK, filled with family stuff and Christmas markets.
There was my festive workshop ...... creating beautiful baubles from Lavinia stamps


The last ever 12 Tags of Christmas with Loll and Friends was in November, and I'm so proud to have been part of this fun event as one of the Guest Designers for the last four years.  
I love making tags as you all know and I try to play along for the 12 days.   Here's just a few from this year .......
Day 6


Day 5



and my Guest Designer tag on Day 10



I also got hooked on making AT Coins ..... have you made any yet?  They are so much fun to do, and so cute .... here's one of the sets I made for a Christmas swap .....



And this little guy has been one of my favourite Christmas stamps this year ........ so much so that I made a whole load of these after he made his first appearance for my Craft Stamper challenge inspiration post at the beginning of the month




Well ..... that's it .... we've finally reached DECEMBER
This month has been full of Christmas, Christmas and more Christmas.  
We've been to light switch ons, Christmas parties, had lunch out with the kids.  Christmas shopped until we've dropped, been to see Santa, and we've even had a trip to our favourite Cotswold village ........ Bourton-on-the-Water


There's been lots of Christmas projects too .......
Craft Stamper (another favourite Christmas card)


CAS Mix Up challenge ......



A couple of quick and easy tags for those last minute Christmas gifts 



And a brand new release from Uniko ....... including this pretty holly flourish,



And a great new stencil design ......



But it wasn't all Christmas though .... Uniko also released this beautiful new peony ..... I can see this one getting used quite a bit!



Well that's that ..... 2018 done and dusted!
I hope you've enjoyed our little look back.

I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to all who have visited my Blog, left comments or become a follower this year. I really do appreciate each and every one of you.  I hope you've enjoyed your time here as much as I've enjoyed blogging it!

If you're off out celebrating this New Year's Eve, have a great night.
We're having a quiet one I think.  I've been struggling over the weekend to shake off a head cold and sore throat so I'm not feeling in the usual party mood.
It's going to be a nice meal out with friends, at one of our favourite restaurants.  We're going to pop in and see the kids, and then it's home before midnight.  That's the plan anyway.


I'd like to wish you all a very Happy, Healthy and Crafty 2019
May your stamps be perfect every time, your ink pads never run dry, and your 
Mojo be ever present.

See you all next year!!

4 comments:

Mrs.B said...

A great recap of your creativity Linda and here's wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Creative 2019.
Avril xx

Redanne said...

Another wonderful post Linda, so many beautiful projects, so much inspiration. Happy New Year to you and I hope 2019 is full of creativity for you. Hope the cold gets better soon too! Hugs, Anne xx

Darnell said...

Again, so fun to share your year highlights, Linda, and thank you for the Twofer shoutout and the beautiful cards that have come my way! You are so very talented and prolific and I so appreciate all the inspiration you share each year! Long may it continue! Take care and I hope you are feeling better by now or soon do! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

Mac Mable said...

So enjoyed the post and what fabulous photos you've shared. I am so lucky to be the proud owner of one of your favourite Christmas cards and I am looking at it as I type! x Yes lets make 2019 a good one x